“Great Italian in Santa Ana!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Andiamo La

Andiamo La
Ranked #4 of 107 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Price range: US$10 - US$41
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Great Italian in Santa Ana!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

This opened up not far from where I live in Santa Ana and I had been waiting to go for some time. I finally took my girlfriend on Saturday night and it was well worth the wait. We showed up at about 7 PM without reservations and were promptly seated and attended to. The decor is very high end and it has an open kitchen so the ambience is very warm and welcoming. We had a caprese salad to start then ordered pizza and spaghuetti with meatballs, both were fantastic. They had imported artesanal Italian beer and a great wine selection. It came out to be about $40 each, but for the service and quality of food it was a fair price. I would definitely come back here.

• Visited November 2013

“Great food nice environment but unofficial guys "helping" to park. Not possible ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Great pasta and seafood, good and nice restaurant it's pity that you have to paid for the people to help you to park (wachiman) it's not possible that the administration allow them in this kind of restaurant it's a private parking and not a public street. Nevertheless seafood and the service it's very good. You can talk with your partner or with a group of friends. Good restaurant for a working dinner or unofficial meeting from your work. Good choices of wine that are not so expensive. I really enjoyed my meal but I will think again to return if the unofficial parking guys remains there. This kind of restaurant should have a paid officer in the parking lot to help to customers not someone that take advantage of the area for easy money.

Heredia, Heredia, Costa Rica
“Andiamo La! Best dinner ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

We visited Andiamo La last night for a couple special occasion. As I stated on the title, it was the best dinner ever! The atmosphere was just perfect for us, even if there is not a great scenic view around the restaurant, the inside is beautiful, perfectly decorated for a special night. Although I have to say, it was a little expensive but so worth it. The food was delicious. We first ordered a Focaccia Ajo y Romero, which was good. My boyfriend then ordered a Tagliata, he said it was delicious and perfectly cooked. I ordered a Pollo Al Limon and I really have to say it, this dish was extremely delicious, best one ever!! Then he ordered a Tiramisu for dessert, and since I'm a Nutella lover I ordered the Bacio Perugina OMG more than delicious! We paid around $75, they were so worth it! Best romantic dinner ever!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank VSotoG
San Jose, Costa Rica
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good looking restaurant with good food and inattentive service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

If you like modern, the setting here is great. Indoor and outdoor options. I've eaten there several times and the food is very good or excellent - but very expense and the service can be completely dysfunctional. If the service catches up with the food this could be one of Costa Rica's
best.

• Visited September 2013
Constant Traveller
“Lovely facility and Delicious Italian Cooking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

I visited this restaurant in Sept 2013 on a business trip to San Jose, and the restaurant did not disappoint. Its a big, modern building and they have lots of free parking. I agree with "Maria A" and "TuristasBrasileiro" that the prices are a tiny bit high, but the hospitality is cool and low-key while the dining rooms are handsome, modern, styling and fun. It's classy, contemporary but not in-your-face; this restaurant would do well anywhere, including Barcelona or New York City.

About the food -- Several in my party ordered various steaks and everybody was pleased. Most interestingly I ordered mine medium-rare and another person ordered theirs well-done and both were cooked perfectly. Other members of my group ordered pasta with lobster and shrimp and devoured their dish; I stole a bite before they licked their plates and can concur it was a superior choice. The appetizers were a bit ordinary; in particular the calamari nothing to write home about, but in contrast the deserts were terrific. The wine list was very respectable. So overall, I would give this a very good rating -- maybe even borderline great -- and I look forward to returning again.

• Visited September 2013