“Disgruntled reg customer”

Ranked #6 of 107 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Price range: US$2 - US$30
Cuisines: Pub, American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Escazu, Costa Rica
“Disgruntled reg customer”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I am a local reg on this place, going to drink and eat there twice a week apprx. Yesterday I invited 3 friends to share what was until yesterday a great place to eat/drink/chat... But well, due to a misunderstanding about a petty money change, I argue a little with the uneducated waitress. So of course I went on to complaint directly to Gonzalo (dunno even if he is the owner or manager)... I did not only receive a negative from him but also got attitude from the waitress, so I did answered her the same way. This is the first time in my whole life that a bartender, manager or owner asked me to calm down. And I gracefully departed from the place embarrassed and with a pack of disappointed friends, who needed to stay to finished their meals and drinks. I believe that if you balance the customer revenue to acknowledging a $4 error... You will be surprised to what some managers decide! Later excuses do not erase the situation, simply not worth it once the problem was not correctly solved in the place, sorry! Great buzz/ beer selection, awesome food, nice place environment... Unfortunately not the best service and customer care... Please DO check your change and bills conditions before accepting any money from them (especially the local waitresses). Sad....

3 Thank acenteno81

Spring City, Pennsylvania
“Best burger I have ever had!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed overnight in Santa Ana before a flight out of SJO on 7/23. We needed to get dinner for the four of us so we looked at the top rated restaurants on trip advisor and picked Porky's since burgers sounded good at the time and was only 2 km away. Not speaking much Spanish had not been a problem on our ten day vacation so we weren't concerned about this being a local place with the reviews saying that the waitresses didn't speak English. It was close to 8PM and there was only one other table with customers. The waitress greeted us at the door and clearly did not speak any English. We were seated and a moment later the owner came over (I think his name was Gonzalo) and introduced himself. He spoke good English and chatted with us for a minute. He offered to translate the menu (which was only in Spanish) if we needed help. We picked some burgers that sounded good and then he came back and answered some questions about some of the toppings that we weren't sure of. He took our order as well. Burgers came out and my hamburguesa de quesa azul was the best hamburger I've had in my life. A big juicy mess, just like a burger should be! We also ordered the hamburguesa juicu lucy and a hamburguesa choriqueso which had a steak on top of the hamburger patty along with all of the other toppings. All were great! Definitely worth the trip if you're not located nearby. Thanks to the owner for taking good care of us!

• Visited July 2014
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Burgers galore”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This place is almost next door to us. One of the best cozy places we like to go to often. The staff is friendly, the owner is always on top of things (something you like to see). Burgers are out of this world. A very nice selection of burgers. Good combinations of seafood, bacon and all you can imagine. My personal favorite, 200g burger with cheese and Grey Poupon. The selection of beer is one of the best in San Jose. You can find a great variety of beers at very reasonable price. There is a great selection of appetizers too. The size is so big, that you can have an appetizer as a light meal. I recommend this place over and over for the great meat, and fantastic selection of beer.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Mike B
Atenas, Costa Rica
“VERY good burger selection!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Extensive menu of burgers, with what may be fresh baked rolls. It comes with seasoned fries and makes a filling meal. Best burger so far in Costa Rica.

Yes the parking is poor and they don't speak English (we are in a Spanish speaking country), but the overall atmosphere and service was great.

Will go back again and recommend for sure

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Karen E
“Decent burger. Overly hyped. ”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

The burger was ok. Not sure it was worthy of some of the other reviews. It was really not all that large of a patty. Buns seemed like they may have been home made.

Potato wedges could have been cooked a little longer.

Communication a bit difficult if you don't speak Spanish.

If you are close, give it a try, but don't go out of your way just for this.

1 Thank Eyefly12