“Great good, great place, great service”
Review of Naans & Curries

Naans & Curries
Ranked #1 of 133 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Naans & Curries represents today's modern India where authenticity in the recipes drives flavorful cuisine. Native Chefs, Special charcoal fired “Tandoors” (Clay Ovens) and exotic ingredients are all from India, providing original taste.Naans & Curries serves authentic recipes, taking inspiration from an age old approach to dining. This approach allows you to choose a variety of appetizers and entrees to share with your companions. To enhance your dining experience, our team is happy to share our vast range of wines with your food selections.At Naans & Curries, You can enjoy different dining venues, including a showcase kitchen area where you can see our chefs cooking in “Tandoor”, a relaxing comfortable upper floor, or fresh breeze sitting in the open.
Reviewed 7 May 2014

For sure we will visit again, the quality of the food is excellent. The second floor is very confortable with sofas.
The Chicken Tikka Masala is delicious!
Ask for the Garlic Naan :)

Date of visit: May 2014
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank LarryCR
Kapil G, Owner at Naans & Curries, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thank you for your compliments for the Food, Ambiance, Service and Value.. We would continue to further enhance your experience at Naans & Curries.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

My experience at this restaurant was truly special. I love indian food and I had only tried it in traditional restaurants in California. I can say that the food at Naans and Curries exceeded my expectations. The variety of the menu, service and quality of the ingredients make this one of the best indian restaurants I have ever visited. Can't wait to return!!

1  Thank Jessica G
Kapil G, Owner at Naans & Curries, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

We feel honored to read your compliments and ranking our food among the best Indian restaurants.

We would be eagerly looking forward to your next visit and serve you again some of our original dishes.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Went there for a dinner with a bunch of friends, and the first bite of the food took me back to the streets of North India. Sitting at the place you tend forget you are sitting in costa rica, rather feel you are sitting in one of the elite restaurants of South Delhi. Ordered staple punjabi food of Dal Makhani, Buttter Chicken along with assorted breads and can say the taste was pure indian. One of the rare authentic Indian restaurants you will ever come across outside India.

Date of visit: April 2014
1  Thank Ivneet M
Kapil G, Owner at Naans & Curries, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

We are glad you could enjoy our food as you would have in North India in an upscale restaurant..

We appreciate your compliments and look forward to welcoming you again.

May we suggest next time to enjoy our second floor seating where ambiance is much intimate with Sofa and dining style seating.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

we came with my wife to have a good lunch, and we were alone in the restaurant.
but the waiter couldn't succeed to serve us properly, forgetting part of the order, it had been difficult to have some ice.
the restaurant is not looking traditional, they tried to make an urban touch with techno music, using some turn key parts of the old restaurant before them.
it's okay, but for us, we used to enjoy some authentic ethnic places.... as if we were having a journey!
never mind... let's have a look to the menu. :)
there were no shrimp on the menu. I asked to the waiter why and he told me "for sure hay shrimp" showing me some fish plate... :/
the plain & cumin lassy were very good, but the naan's were regular, as the palak paneer looked like strange shape: green" fluorescent" space colour, with TOO MUCH garlic.
some oily pakora for my wife and a strange beef sauce that I never ate before. the taste were not bad, but didn't looked like something Indian.

anyway, the place is not especially nice, eating in the middle of a smoky car park, the food didn't looked Indian, and the service were just not a service.
but the lassy are very good!
the check at the end of the lunch was just abused for what we had. VERY expensive.
better try Sisso (Jewish food) or the seafood restaurant at the corner, but not there if you're looking for an authentic Indian restaurant.

Date of visit: March 2014
1  Thank hugo j
Kapil G, Owner at Naans & Curries, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Appreciated your feedback. Indeed all your comments are positively accepted and are taken as reason to further enhance our restaurant in terms of service and food.

We are glad you enjoyed freshness in our Lassis..In addition to plain and Jeera (Cumion) Lassi, we also do Mango and Strawberry lassis, which are very popular among our esteemed guests.

I guess, you missed visiting our second floor seating area, which has sofa and dining style seating in a cozy ambiance.

Naans & Curries ambiance is purposely created as "contemporary", as our tag line says "An Urban Indian Restaurant". It is much to give the reflection of today's India, where cities are as modern as any others of the world. - yet the food continues to be with recipes and ingredients as original coming from our parents and grand parents.

May I request you to visit us again, and I would personally like to welcome you and ensure you enjoy your Indian dinner. Please let me know your schedule at kapil@naans-curries.com. Your meal would be on the house.

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Everything was great I have tried other indian restaurants in costa rica, US, NZ, MX and this is one of the best, maybe the price is al little bit higher than others, but I would definetely come back.

Kapil G, Owner at Naans & Curries, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you Arturo for your compliments and ranking Naans & Curries among the best Indian restaurants in Costa Rica, US, NX & Mexico.

It is the warmth of Indian community and Tico friends of India in Costa Rica, whose continued patronage has motivated us to be the best.

Coming from India, we always wanted to relish Indian food in Costa Rica, the way it is served and prepared in India originally. and as the urge was stronger, Naans & Curries came into existence with best of the class food and modern ambiance.

Look forward to serve you again.