“Amazing B&B”

Ranked #1 of 5 Santa Ana B&B and Inns
Gainesville, Florida
“Amazing B&B”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

My daughter and I stayed at Casa Bella Rita on our first and last night in Costa Rica; it was a wonderful way to begin and end our trip. Rita took care of our travel arrangements the minute I made my reservations. She arranged our taxi rides to and from restaurants, a rafting trip and transportation back (Luis is a delight!). I am a vegetarian and my daughter is vegan and Steve and Rita were very accommodating and made amazing breakfasts each morning. The views over the canyon are beautiful and there was nothing more relaxing than to just sit in the hammock, reading a book and looking at the views.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I go to Costa Rica at least once a year to visit family. Since i grew up largely in the US it is very important for me to get a genuine experience on my visits as i reconnect with my home country and family so i know all American hotel chains are out. I found Casa Belle Rita here on Trip advisor (which i use for helping me on all my travel) after reading the reviews and checking out the website i figured all the reviews cant be wrong, prices were good, and location was perfect...so i booked a week. I'm thrilled to report it was more then what i expected. Rita and Steve were great!! The house is beautiful and they didnt skip a thing. They made all my arrangements for me (tours, drivers) made a filling breakfast each morning and was ready to answer any question i had. The most important thing for me was feeling like i was somewhere were they actually cared about you, not just your check in and check out time. the house has a general feeling of relaxation, most of the guests mingle a little to share the days adventures and have a few drinks, but if you want to be alone you can do that too. i met people from Canada to Poland! Rita knows just about everyone in CR and helped me with my following weeks plans too. the B and B is beautiful, tucked away in a quiet area, but if your so inclined you can walk into cuidid colons city center in about 10 minutes or take a cab to the swanky escazu area for next to nothing to what we pay in the US. hope you like well behaved doggies! they have three that you will see laying around enjoying their life in CR! i will be going back next year and know i wont have to think twice about where to stay! Thanks Rita and Steve!!

Room Tip: if your a couple, stay in the Maripossa room!! it was so nice!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Virginia
Reviewed 26 February 2012

This b&b is great. The entire property is beautiful and the hosts are great. Really it does feel like you just came to visit old friends/family. We stayed here on our way out of Costa Rica back in Feb. Event though we had a very early flight in the morning (had to leave by 5am), Rita still got up and had hot coffee a "goodie bag" for breakfast waiting for us on departure. The homeade banana bread was amazing. Mean to ask her for the recipe but have not had a chance!

Anyway, this b&b is not located San Jose but we were not looking to go into the city anyway, so this location worked out perfectly for us. If we are ever in Costa Rica, we would definitely stay here again, no questions asked.

The hospitality you get (which starts way before you even get there) is unbeatable and just unheard of to me. Please stay here if you get an opportunity to visit this beautiful country.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
madison
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Rita and Steve have made their home a welcoming refuge to refuel and relax. Its a perfect place to start and end your vacation. Rita answered a myriad of questions via email before we arrived. They pick you up at the airport, provide restaurant advice, arrange transportation in the area as well as throughout the country, set up tours and help you with just about anything to make your vacation hassle free and easy.Their home is lovely and the rooms are large and comfortable. We stayed 2 nights when we arrived in Costa Rica and and one night before we left. The food was great, Steve's a good cook, and the company was wonderful. Casa Bella Rita is a great place to stay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Chirripo National Park, Costa Rica
Reviewed 5 February 2012

What is this place with over 400 “Excellent” reviews, we wondered? After reading all the rave reviews for some time, we finally had a business meeting in Santa Ana and took the opportunity to stay at Casa Bella Rita. We corresponded with Rita (who is the volunteer Event Coordinator of the animal welfare organization SASY here in Costa Rica) during the donation drive before we realized who she was. Between her community work and business responsibilities, we frankly don’t understand how she manages to pull it all off so well!

Staying at Casa Bella Rita is really like staying with friends. As cliché as that may sound, it really does best describe this traditional bed & breakfast experience in the best sense of the term. it is about personal service and attention to detail. Rita and Steve are gracious hosts who are there to greet you and welcome you in person. And like staying at a good friend’s home, the open kitchen allows socializing and a glimpse into what’s cooking. Although we arrived too late for dinner, Steve and Rita’s love of good food is evident judging from the produce and enticing scents wafting through the kitchen.

Like the wonderful hosts they are, and experts in appraising best restaurants at all levels, Rita and Steve are a wealth of information on the best places to eat in town, of which there are many.

Even though this was a business trip, it ended up being about meeting new friends. For the most secluded spot (the views to the canyon from the garden and pool are beautiful) and for the friendliest hosts with intimate knowledge of the area, Casa Bella Rita would be tough to beat in Santa Ana.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank CarlosRojasMonteAzul
San Diego, California
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I have never written a tripadvisor review before but feel compelled to do so about our stay at Casa Bella Rita. We stayed for 1 night at the beginning of our trip and my only regret is that we didn't stay our last night as well. We arrived midday and Steve was there at the airport with a smile. We spent the afternoon on the patio with some other guests we met enjoying wine, cheese and that beautiful canyon view. Rita set up dinner reservations for us at her favorite restaurant as well as the taxi there and back and we all loved it. She also set up an amazing 2 day rafting trip for us which I highly recommend as well as a private transfer with her driver Luis who is also a real gem. He is so friendly and he chatted with us and pointed out all of the sights along the way. The morning we left the hotel we had a very early pick-up at a nearby hotel for our tour. Rita not only had the taxi there and waiting for us but she was right there at the ready with coffee and breakfast to-go at 5am! I have been a travel agent for more than 25 years and would highly recommend Casa Bella Rita to any one of my clients without hesitation. Rita and Steve have found a perfect piece of paradise and I feel very fortunate to have been able to experience it. They are the perfect host and hostess making everyone feel like a welcome part of the their family while at the same time taking care of all of the details and making it look effortless. It is without a doubt the best way to start and/or end your Costa Rica adventure. Thank you Rita and Steve for such an amazing place.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We got into San Jose and we had to wait a day before our friends arrive. Although San Jose is nice, we didn't want to stay in the middle of San Jose. I'm glad my wife found Case Bella Rita.

It was very relaxing and enjoyable to sit on the terrace overlooking the canyon. We have 2 kids (4 and 8) who were treated super by Steve and Rita. They we very busy attending to all of the guests needs, so I felt a bit uncomfortable when my daughter kept bugging Rita. She did that because Rita was so nice to her and engaged her in conversation about dogs, her favorite subject. In any case, we got so comfortable hanging out that our only excursion was to a magnificent restaurant with delicious local cuisine.

If you want to swing in a hammock, lounge next to a parrot reading a book, or just stare off into the hillside views, this is a great place to do it.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
#2 of 78 in San Jose
Hotel Alta Las Palomas
Hotel Alta Las Palomas
#2 of 14 in Escazu

Been to Casa Bella Rita Boutique Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!