“Fantastic Stay”

Ranked #1 of 5 Santa Ana B&B and Inns
Halifax, Canada
“Fantastic Stay”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My wife and I only stayed one night but wish we could have stayed longer.
The B&B is beautiful, the location is fantastic, the rooms are comfortable and clean, but it's the owners which really make your stay special. It's obvious Steve and Rita enjoy what they do and go out of their way to make your stay wonderful.

Highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Philadelphia
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Casa Bella Rita (CBR) was our home for one night, after arriving in San Jose, CR and awaiting
further travel the next day. My husband and I were greeted by our driver, a lovely gentleman who has worked at CBR for a number of years. He was interesting, welcoming, spoke English extremely well, and transported us safely. All this to say that this initial interaction relieved much of the stress that comes with travel to unfamiliar places. This private car service from the airport (usually Steve or Rita themselves) is definitely a perk and an immediate reflection of the special care and attention that S&R devote to their guests. Since our arrival was slightly delayed, it was also very comforting to have Rita monitoring our arrival time. In fact, all our email correspondence with S & R was always pleasant, informative, timely. Their website is also a great resource. CBR is very much a home, nestled into a small neighborhood--conveniently located. Rita is a gracious hostess and one feels immediately at home upon entry. Large open spaces, lush greenery, scenic views and color define this home. Bonuses: free wi-fi and plenty of canine affection should you require. The rooms are colorful, cozy, clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the Mariposa Room -- quality modern conveniences, plush bathrobes, and tasteful mini-bar are, again, evidence of hospitality consistent with boutique chic! Rita is a wealth of information about where to venture, dine and be entertained. She helped us select a great restaurant and organized transportation to and from, with a trusted taxi-driver. In the morning, Rita presented a great quality (and quantity of) breakfast and was very mindful of our departure time to keep us on schedule. Our stay was also special in that we got a chance to get to know Rita. It would not surprise us if this much attention was paid to all guests, but we were very impressed to see that she remembered much about our friend (who had stayed and loved it, several weeks prior to our arrival). It was also clear in follow up communications (we have booked a stay for our son in June) that she remembered a great deal of our conversations. We truly left feeling like friends welcomed into a home. Our one regret is that we were unable to stay longer. While we don't feel it necessary for a stay to be so personalized to be considered worthwhile, it is wonderful to feel as if you have a friend in a place far from home. If Rita is over-represented in this review, it's because she deserves the praise for helping to create and maintain such a lovely and peaceful getaway. Also, Steve was away traveling. We are sure he is very nice, and we know he is very much the other 50% of CBR. We don't know when we will back in Costa Rica, but will definitely return to Casa Bella Rita when we do.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We stayed at Casa Bella Rita for 2 nights with my parents and adult childrent (6 of us in total). What a great decision! Their B&B home is very charming with a great view and beautfiul flowers & hummingbirds. Steve & Rita took great care of entire family. They arranged drivers, made dinner recommendations & cooked a fantastic dinner for us one night. We will definitely be back next time we are in Costa Rica.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. You can't go wrong.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Kalkaska, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 30 March 2013

My wife and I stayed with Steve and Rita on the last night of our trip. We arrived late in the evening and were warmly welcomed by Steve and Rita. Their B&B was very clean, comfortable and charming. Steve made us an excellent breakfast in the morning and took us to the airport only a 15-20 minutes ride for our flight home. We really enjoyed meeting them, staying with them and meeting and sharing experiences with the other guests. It was a wonderful experience. Vern & Patty

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Steve and Rita make you feel like their home is your home. They are very casual, friendly and down to earth people. Their location, being in the Central Valley area, makes for a nice jumping off point to many locations within Costa Rica. The beach, coffee plantations, Toucan Rescue, Sibu Chocolate, Canopy zip line, ATV tours, downtown San Jose, Waterfall Garden, Poas Volcano... are all within an hour to an hour and a half. They have an excellent driver that they recommend who speaks wonderful English and is very knowlesgeable. Steve and Rita are former restrauant owners, so, cook amazing dinners upon request. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I tried to book my first and last nights in Costa Rica at Casa Bella Rita, but they only had room for me one night. Rita not only recommended another B&B for my first night, she contacted them for me! She was incredibly caring and helpful in our email correspondence, even helping me choose where to spend the latter part of my trip. I've never experienced such service and kindness and I hadn't even gotten to Costa Rica yet! It was only a glimpse of what was to come.

Steve and Rita's home is beautiful! And they have some very cute and cuddly dogs. I felt completely at home. I was the only guest that night, Steve and Rita had company over for dinner and Steve graciously invited me to join them. What a meal! Steve made spaghetti like I've never tasted before (sooo good!). And Rita's banana cake for dessert was divine. There was great conversation, I was made to feel welcomed and included. It was a wonderful end to an already amazing trip, spent with really lovely people.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 March 2013

My friend and I stayed at Casa Bella Rita for two days in February. Steve & Rita greeted us with open arms and big smiles. This B&B is extremely charming and beautifully decorated. The outdoor garden has a pool and the back yard over looks a gorgeous canyon with a river running through the bottom. What a beautiful view to give one an instantaneous stress free feeling!!! Blue skies in the horizon and the tasteful garden creates an instant vacation aura as one sits by the pool sipping on bootle of beer or glass of wine while planning activities for the day. The book shelves have a myriad of reading options and guide books on Costa Rica. Steve is a fantastic cook and I loved exchanging recipes as I also love to cook (loved the kitchen with the gorgeous tiles and a wonderful large very practical gas range!!!). His spinach dip with mayo is worth booking a return trip. The B&B has all the comfort and modern amenities (great showers, comfortable spacious clean rooms, free wifi, quiet, and very friendly dogs to greet you at the door or cuddle with you on the couch.) I loved the charm and art work on the walls. Breakfast was deliciuos and the coffee pot always full with freshly brewed quality Costa Rican coffee!!!! Steve & Rita were extremely helpful with getting us a driver to get to the activities we wanted for the short period of time we had budgeted in the area. The B&B stay includes free transportation to and from the airport which is wonderful. Rita & Steve are very experienced hosts and will make sure your stay is comfortable and a true definition of a relaxing vacation!!! Casa Bella Rita gets a two thumbs up and is definitely bookmarked on my ipad for a definite return!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are spacious, beautifully decorated and very comfortable. I loved the different de...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Costaricamommy, Owner at Casa Bella Rita Boutique Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Thank you Goli & Anne for the kind words, we really enjoyed having you stay with us. I enjoyed the conversations and I know that Steve loved discussing recipes with you. We hope that we will see you again in the future and keep on referring your friends, we promise to take good care of them. One small note is that we do include one complimentary airport pick-up OR drop-off and not both. Small error in the post but thought I should mention it so there is no future confusion with bookings. For you, we will do both but you have to come back to redeem them. Again, our sincere thanks for your stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Ana
#6 of 8 in Santa Ana
Hotel La Rosa de America
Hotel La Rosa de America
#5 of 27 in Alajuela

Been to Casa Bella Rita Boutique Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!