“Su casa es nuestra casa”

and 1 more site!
Casa Bella Rita Boutique Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Santa Ana B&B and Inns
Jacksonville Beach
“Su casa es nuestra casa”
Reviewed 1 August 2008

Their house was our house! We had a great time at Casa Bella Rita. The hosts, Rita and Steve, are awesome! We felt so comfortable at this Bed and Breakfast. We had just enough privacy and just enough company. Rita was incredible...she helped us with trip planning, arranged for a driver, made reservations, and even left out the suntan lotion for us. Steve cooked delicious gourmet breakfasts' to get us through the day. We spent the days out and about on trips and were welcomed home with genuine interest to learn about our adventures.
The accomodations were awesome....tico bright colors with a great art collection, comfortable rooms, and great living space. The pool was refreshing and the view spectacular. The back balcony looks over the canyon. Every morning a flock of green parrots would fly over the house to get their breakfast fruit from a nearby tree. And, three mornings I saw two toucans on a tree just below the balcony. The B and B was awesome and we enjoyed our time with our traveling friends and made new friends in Rita and Steve. Casa Bella Rita is a great retreat! We will definitely go back again!

• Liked — The owners and the accommodations!
  • Disliked — Liked everything about Casa Bella Rita!
1 Thank miamig0

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
kr_soley
Reviewed 1 August 2008

This B & B is a fabulous retreat. We were served great breakfasts with awesome views. Steve and Rita, their pups, and their staff are so accommodating. No request is denied. I was able to relax, unwind and really enjoy my stay at this B & B. Do yourself a favor and schedule a retreat at the Casa Bella Rita now.

• Liked — relaxing
  • Disliked — nothing
1 Thank kr_soley
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2008

We had an amazing time at this B&B. The view is unreal - the pool area literally hangs over the side of a deep canyon, where you can view wildlife and amazing sunsets. The breakfast was wonderful each day (Rita and Steve were both chefs in previous lives), with lots of fresh fruit and great coffee.

We went to Costa Rica with friends who had never traveled outside the US before, and they were nervous about leaving the country. Rita and Steve made us all feel incredibly welcome and comfortable. We'll definitely be back!

• Liked — The staff and the view!
1 Thank Traveling_Man001
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 24 July 2008

Review from solo female, San Francisco CA: I was lucky enough to stay at Casa Bella Rita for one night. I landed in San Jose in the afternoon and my connecting flight on the smaller regional airline didn't depart until the next morning. So, I needed a place that was convenient to the airport but didn't want to stay at the chain hotel nearby or downtown. I contacted CBR and Rita responded quickly with availability, etc. From start to finish, the experience was the best way I could have started my Costa Rican adventure. Steve was waiting for me at the airport, as promised, and off we went. The house is great - very spacious and open and my room was cozy and very comfortable. But, the best thing about this property are Rita and Steve. I was travelling solo and they made every effort (and then some) to make sure I was comfortable and well fed. Rita makes amazing chocolate chip cookies (this from a non-chocolate person) and Steve makes a scrumptious breakfast scramble. Honestly, it was hard to leave - I came to enjoy Rita and Steve as friends and would happily return. The only thing I would do differently would be to extend my stay and enjoy thier hospitality and friendship that much longer. Thank you Rita and Steve - I do hope our paths cross again in the future. Keep up the great work and best of luck to you both!

• Liked — Top-Notch Hospitality
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank JNPR
Ohio
Reviewed 23 July 2008

I've just returned from Costa Rica and had the great pleasure of staying at the Casa Bella Rita B&B for six nights. I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone coming to the San Jose area.
I feel quite lucky to have learned about it from family living in the area, and also five family members who stayed at Casa Bella Rita in May.

To say this B&B is beautiful is an understatement! The setting is exotic, with a lovely pool, palm trees, flowers everywhere, and a breathtaking view overlooking a canyon - an artist's inspiration!
The house is elegant, yet homey and comfortable. I loved my room with its view of the front garden. It had every amenity including fresh flowers.

Steve and Rita were a wonderful host and hostess who have created something quite special. They are very warm and congenial and I felt right at home. They go out of their way to help with touring plans, and as an extra bonus provide transportation to/from the airport.

I had a wonderful time in Costa Rica. I am already thinking of returning and staying at the Casa Bella Rita!!

• Liked — Friendly owners and beautiful accomodations
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank gabeljl
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 2 July 2008

We selected this B&B based on past reviews from tripadvisor.com. There were so many glowing reviews that I questioned if it could live up to them. I quickly realized it not only lived up to the reviews but exceeded our expectations. There is a reason they are number one.

We stayed the week of June 9th and miss it already.

Hotel:

We stayed in the Heliconia Bedroom which is off the main courtyard. It is separate from the main house and was spacious. All rooms have their own private baths and AC. We only used the AC one night. The windows kept it cool the rest of the time. There is a beautiful courtyard outside the Heliconia room, we feel asleep most nights listening to the fountain. The room was always spotless and we had fresh flowers daily. The honor bar was always well stocked with drinks and yummy snacks.

Location:

The location is perfect since it is a great center point. It is close to anything you need but you do not have to deal with all of the city noises. . The San Jose airport and city are approx 15-20 minutes away. . We were able to do day trips to all of the major sites. There are also popular restaurants close by. Although traveling for fun, I would still recommend this to any business travelers. You will find what you need and again it is close to everything. We loved that the airport pick up and drop off service was included. There was no hassle. Steve was waiting for us (even after our flight was an hour late).

Hosts: Steve and Rita are amazing. They make you feel right at home and helped make our trip a blast. They work very hard to make sure your experience is nothing less than excellent. You cannot find service like this anymore. Both are knowledge on everything Costa Rica. If they do not know, they will find out for you. They are great at listening to your needs and customizing your trip for you.

Rita acted as our travel agent and provided numerous options for our travel needs. She has up to date information including trip descriptions, duration, price, mode of transportation etc. She has done her research on what tour companies/private drivers are the best. We had great experiences with everyone they referred us to. They only work with reputable businesses/people. We always felt safe and comfortable.

We used a private driver for three of the four days we were there. We liked being the master of our schedule. This allowed us to take our time, see what we wanted to see, and come back when we wanted to. Our guide, Luis, spoke English and was great to have with us. He helped translate when needed as well. He knew of spots (hot springs, restaurants) the tours do not take you to. If you want to avoid tourist traps and see the real Costa Rica, go with Luis. My husband and I highly recommend hiring Luis for all of your travel needs. It is well worth it and his prices are reasonable. I cannot say enough about him.

Breakfast:

This deserves its own paragraph. I promise you will never leave the breakfast table hungry. Steve always provided fruit bowl, coffee, juice and hot gourmet breakfast. You get to have breakfast on the patio overlooking the amazing canyon. It does not get better than this. An example of breakfast would be an omelet or pancakes. Oh my.. So good...

Steve and Rita thank you again for an amazing stay!

Joe and Mary

• Liked — Amazing view, Owners are very friendly and helpful.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jgilde
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2008

Not much can be said that hasn't been said already.

Steve and Rita were great hosts. A previous reviewer was on the ball when they mentioned that Steve and Rita were great at keeping just the right distance. Attentive when needed, giving you space when you're relaxing. Etc.

I really enjoyed Steve's assistance with restaurant picks. Chicharones.... yummy. One night we actually ended up making burritos... between blackouts.

They made great recommendations for local site seeing, and were very helpful.

If we spend more time in San Jose, we will definitely be making a call to Casa Bella Rita.

Steve and Rita, hope you guys have come down off your caffeine buzz..... 7 lbs of coffee. That takes perseverance!

• Liked — Location to airport. View over the canyon. Great hosts.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
Peace Lodge
Peace Lodge
#1 of 9 in Heredia
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,240 reviews

Been to Casa Bella Rita Boutique Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!