“beautiful and relaxing place to stay near San Jose” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa Bella Rita Boutique Bed & Breakfast

Casa Bella Rita Boutique Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 5 Santa Ana B&B and Inns
kabels
“beautiful and relaxing place to stay near San Jose”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2008

Casa Bella Rita was the surprise gem of my trip to Costa Rica. My travel plans changed at the last minute and I was left searching for a hotel on the same day I was scheduled to arrive. I saw the great reviews about this B & B and decided to give it a try. When I called, I spoke directly to the owners - Rita and Steve - and they could not have been more helpful or accommodating. Rita and Steve picked me up from the airport themselves and from the moment I met them I felt like I was visiting family. Rita helped me make travel arrangements for the rest of my trip (and was very patient with my indecisiveness) and Steve cooked an amazing meal so I didn't have to go out in the rain to get dinner. The house, gardens and canyon view are all absolutely beautiful. It was such a wonderful relaxing start to my trip and I wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank kabels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Chatsworth, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2008

Casa Bella Rita Boutique Bed & Breakfast was an oasis for us. We had be traveling for 8 days throughout Costa Rica from the Caribbean to the Pacific from Nicaragua to Puiscal.

The reviewer that complained about the 1/16 of a mile of bad road to Casa Bella Rita obviously never traveled Costa Rica!

My husband and I on the last leg of our trip traveled from Liberia on our way to Puriscal. We made a wrong turn and found ourselves driving on paths in a gorge through the forest for 3 hours in a torrential downpour with night approaching. When we immerged we went to several places on the way out of Puriscal and found by good fortune Casa Bella Rita.

Needless to say I was a bit frazzled and my husband exhausted. Rita took us in like wet dogs from a storm.

Casa Bella Rita Boutique Bed & Breakfast is not only absolutely fabulous as a superior bed and breakfast in every way, Rita the owner is ...one word is difficult to find. ...warm, friendly, helpful, and made us feel like we were visiting family.

Realizing that we could not bear to out in the storm for dinner Rita ordered food to be picked up for us and we all ate together and talked till bedtime.

We discovered this place by fate this time but we will go back there by choice next time. It was by far the best place we had stayed in during the entire trip and that includes the hotels on the beach!

We thought the accommodations were so wonderful we are sending the information to all our friends, family, and membership at our boxing and fitness center in Tarzana, California.

Barbara
Chatsworth, CA

• Liked — Ambiance
  • Disliked — there was nothing that would qualify as a least
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Barbara4C
Jacksonville Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2008

Their house was our house! We had a great time at Casa Bella Rita. The hosts, Rita and Steve, are awesome! We felt so comfortable at this Bed and Breakfast. We had just enough privacy and just enough company. Rita was incredible...she helped us with trip planning, arranged for a driver, made reservations, and even left out the suntan lotion for us. Steve cooked delicious gourmet breakfasts' to get us through the day. We spent the days out and about on trips and were welcomed home with genuine interest to learn about our adventures.
The accomodations were awesome....tico bright colors with a great art collection, comfortable rooms, and great living space. The pool was refreshing and the view spectacular. The back balcony looks over the canyon. Every morning a flock of green parrots would fly over the house to get their breakfast fruit from a nearby tree. And, three mornings I saw two toucans on a tree just below the balcony. The B and B was awesome and we enjoyed our time with our traveling friends and made new friends in Rita and Steve. Casa Bella Rita is a great retreat! We will definitely go back again!

• Liked — The owners and the accommodations!
  • Disliked — Liked everything about Casa Bella Rita!
1 Thank miamig0
kr_soley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2008

This B & B is a fabulous retreat. We were served great breakfasts with awesome views. Steve and Rita, their pups, and their staff are so accommodating. No request is denied. I was able to relax, unwind and really enjoy my stay at this B & B. Do yourself a favor and schedule a retreat at the Casa Bella Rita now.

• Liked — relaxing
  • Disliked — nothing
1 Thank kr_soley
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2008

We had an amazing time at this B&B. The view is unreal - the pool area literally hangs over the side of a deep canyon, where you can view wildlife and amazing sunsets. The breakfast was wonderful each day (Rita and Steve were both chefs in previous lives), with lots of fresh fruit and great coffee.

We went to Costa Rica with friends who had never traveled outside the US before, and they were nervous about leaving the country. Rita and Steve made us all feel incredibly welcome and comfortable. We'll definitely be back!

• Liked — The staff and the view!
1 Thank Traveling_Man001
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2008

Review from solo female, San Francisco CA: I was lucky enough to stay at Casa Bella Rita for one night. I landed in San Jose in the afternoon and my connecting flight on the smaller regional airline didn't depart until the next morning. So, I needed a place that was convenient to the airport but didn't want to stay at the chain hotel nearby or downtown. I contacted CBR and Rita responded quickly with availability, etc. From start to finish, the experience was the best way I could have started my Costa Rican adventure. Steve was waiting for me at the airport, as promised, and off we went. The house is great - very spacious and open and my room was cozy and very comfortable. But, the best thing about this property are Rita and Steve. I was travelling solo and they made every effort (and then some) to make sure I was comfortable and well fed. Rita makes amazing chocolate chip cookies (this from a non-chocolate person) and Steve makes a scrumptious breakfast scramble. Honestly, it was hard to leave - I came to enjoy Rita and Steve as friends and would happily return. The only thing I would do differently would be to extend my stay and enjoy thier hospitality and friendship that much longer. Thank you Rita and Steve - I do hope our paths cross again in the future. Keep up the great work and best of luck to you both!

• Liked — Top-Notch Hospitality
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank JNPR
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2008

I've just returned from Costa Rica and had the great pleasure of staying at the Casa Bella Rita B&B for six nights. I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone coming to the San Jose area.
I feel quite lucky to have learned about it from family living in the area, and also five family members who stayed at Casa Bella Rita in May.

To say this B&B is beautiful is an understatement! The setting is exotic, with a lovely pool, palm trees, flowers everywhere, and a breathtaking view overlooking a canyon - an artist's inspiration!
The house is elegant, yet homey and comfortable. I loved my room with its view of the front garden. It had every amenity including fresh flowers.

Steve and Rita were a wonderful host and hostess who have created something quite special. They are very warm and congenial and I felt right at home. They go out of their way to help with touring plans, and as an extra bonus provide transportation to/from the airport.

I had a wonderful time in Costa Rica. I am already thinking of returning and staying at the Casa Bella Rita!!

• Liked — Friendly owners and beautiful accomodations
  • Disliked — nothing
Studio Hotel
Studio Hotel
#1 of 8 in Santa Ana
Hotel Grano de Oro San Jose

Been to Casa Bella Rita Boutique Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!