“Wonderful experience!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Santa Ana B&B and Inns
Dillon, Colorado
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stayed at Casa Bella Rita the last two nights of our wonderful trip in Costa Rica. My husband and I were traveling with our two daughters, ages 3 and 5. We were supposed to end our trip on the coast, but ran into some complications with not having internet (working vacay). Rita was super accommodating and instead of being disappointed for having to leave the beach early we were glad we found this great place! My girls still talk about the little dog, ratatouille, whose nails they helped Rita paint. :) Great breakfast too!! The beds were very comfortable as well. Thanks Steve and Rita!!

We hope to be back soon!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Everything about Casa Bella Rita was fantastic. First of all it was a great value in terms of price. But the most important value came with the overall experience. Rita and Steve gave us a warm welcome (with a free pick up from the airport) , help with coordinating travel logistics, and wonderful breakfasts. I communicated by email with Rita a lot while I was planning our trip, and every question got a prompt reply. She even told me where to get the best value on duty free wines and liquor, as well as some suggestions for day trips.

This unique Bed and Breakfast was only 15 minutes from the airport and was absolutely beautiful with its airy spaciousness, its artful and electic decor, and its spotless upkeep. We also enjoyed their pet birds (parrots??); they put us in a Costa Rican frame of mind as soon as we walked in.

My husband and I stayed there our first two nights as well as our last night. Since we had such an early departure on the last day, Rita packed some fruit and yummy, homemade banana bread.

We would not hesitate to recommend their hospitality and accommodations and will definitely stay there again. When we left Costa Rica we felt like we were leaving friends…not innkeepers! By the way, I found Casa Bella Rita from a reference on the website of another amazing place we stayed at in the Arenal (Monterrey) area: Leaves and Lizards -- which I would also highly recommend

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautifully decorated. We liked the rooms that opened up to the "Great Room...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mimi M
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

After 3 years I am still recommended Rita and Steve's B & B to everyone I know who are planning a trip of a lifetime to beautiful Costa Rica. In March 2012 this was the first stop on a relatively unplanned 3 week trip with my 7 year old son and 71 year old mother who has terrible osteoarthritis in her knees, is overweight and is quite limited physically. Despite the limitations we all wanted the most adventurous trip possible. Rita offered her assistance and in about a day and a half she organized the entire 3 weeks of our trip (transportation and accommodations) where we travelled throughout the entire country and enjoyed an adventure of a lifetime. While we were staying with these lovely human beings my son got attached to Steve and to their pets. They even made him a bed in their front yard area so he could sleep by the dogs. I have stayed in many B&B's throughout the years but this was by far the best. We LOVE Rita and Steve. They went the extra miles to ensure that our trip in Costa Rica was the best one of our lives. Thank you so much Rita & Steve. Love Phyl, Nikolai, and Lois xooxox

Room Tip: Choose a ground level room if you have difficulties climbing stairs.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Although we have stayed at CBR several times and reviewed it more than once, I wanted to share what is one of the big attractions--a delicious breakfast, usually whatever one's heart desires!

Staying there just a couple of days after St. Paddy's Day, we were treated to a most unusual and scrumptious breakfast of corned beef hash with eggs sunny side up! Steve and Rita are both wonderful cooks with impressive restaurant backgrounds. Steve had brined and seasoned the brisket himself, which he says is no big deal, but it was especially flavorful thanks to the addition of a cinnamon stick. My husband and I considered it quite a culinary event!

Highly recommend this great little B&B! We always enjoy the camaraderie of Steve, Rita, their adorable canines, and other guests. No fitness center or spa, but Rita has a little area for workouts upstairs and can hook one up with a massages, hairdressers, you name it!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Having never been "way down south", always heading toward Europe from of San Antonio, I was more then apprehensive. Believe me, I was more then apprehensive. Did I say that I was more then apprehensive? I'm traveling with my wife and three daughters (17,13 and 10). So away we go through Houston Texas to San Jose, the capital of Costa Rica. We arrived and followed the instructions given to us as to where to meet and almost immediately were picked up by the man of the house 'Steve". I liked his attitude, personality and friendliness immediately. He got us over to his home where we met his beautiful wife Rita, who had just come from golfing, and we settled in to an extremely lovely home that they upkeep and maintain meticulously. Everything we needed to know, every action that required coordination, every possibility was helped along by Rita and Steve. Great trip , fair price, we'll be back. Thank you

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Oceanside, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed at this B & B one night when we arrived before we had to travel to the west coast. When you arrive and walk in the door you are walking into another world, so beautifully decorated. Steve and Rita were great hosts, the rooms were very comfortable with many personal touches. Breakfast was a real treat too. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

This was our first time in Costa Rica and we were slightly apprehensive about arriving late at night in San Jose, compounded by tiredness.
Steve came to pick us up from the airport and it was like we had come to visit old friends. We would have not found the place otherwise especially after a 15 hour flight from the UK.
Our room was perfect. We had a superking size bed which was so comfortable we both slept like logs. Almost too well as we had to get moving to make it upto the Volcano before it was too late. Rita made a brilliant breakfast, catering especially for my vegan wife. Rita organised us a taxi driver (Luis) to take us up to Poas who was a sound bloke. He gave us the low down of the country, politics, football and people on our drive, stopping at street vendors for little snacks and shopping opportunities. He also took us to a superb local chicken place which was well deserved by then.

We would love to stay again. The 3 dogs are really sweet, we always rate accomodation that is pet friendly or has animals!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Peace Lodge
Peace Lodge
#1 of 9 in Heredia
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,220 reviews

Been to Casa Bella Rita Boutique Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!