“Open when very few others were on New Years Eve”

El Novillo Alegre Parrilla Argentina
Ranked #11 of 108 Restaurants in Santa Ana
Price range: US$30 - US$45
Cuisines: Argentinian
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Open when very few others were on New Years Eve”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Searched all over the area for one good restaurant open on New Years Eve, 90 % of restaurants closed,,,, hard to imagine but apparently the custom here in Costa Rica,,, Even the fast food places like Mc Donalds, Burger King, Pizza Hut, etc. all closed... amazing... No reservations so had to wait about 45 minutes but worth it,,,, of course very busy but everyone worked really hard to accomodate everyone.... We all had steak and was very good... even though busy, did not rush us, just appreciative they were open... Many of the other dishes I saw go by looked excellent as well... I would recommend this place to anyone and families too,,, saw several...

• Visited January 2014

“Good imported beef”
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Very good piece of beef imported from the us easy to park
All the time full for a reason I did not
Go there for 6 months and the quality
Still the same
If you have a Costa Rican Amex
You can have between 30 to 50%
Discount depends what time of the year

1 Thank Jcbga
Fort Lauderdale
“Nice Restaurant; Average Food”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This restaurant chain has several locations in the San Jose area. We went to the location in Cariari, near the Cariari Golf & Country Club. The restaurant itself is elegant - located on the 2nd floor of a retail plaza with a beautiful interior bar/dining room and large open-air balcony. We elected to sit on the balcony. Menu is fairly extensive and offers plenty of choice. We both chose different steaks - I ordered a filet tenderloin and my colleague ordered a Sirloin. Both steaks were supposed to be cooked "medium". Unfortunately, both were delivered browned on the outside and completely raw on the interior - a disappointment for a restaurant that specializes in steak. The meals were taken back and brought back after being cooked a bit longer. The filet was good. The sirloin was much too salty and had been marinated in a sauce that did not appeal to either of us. The sides were good but unimpressive. The management was kind enough to offer us complimentary liqueurs to finish our meal as a compensation for the inconvenience. We appreciated the gesture and accepted their offer.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Road_Warrior_in_FL
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“My favorite steakhouse in Costa Rica”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This is my favorite steakhouse in Costa Rica. They have a location in Escazú and another one in Lindora. I like the Lindora location better, maybe because it is more convenient for me, but both have excellent quality steaks. They bring you good bread with a very tasty butter when you arrive, so after that and the steak I don't usually have room for dessert. My favorite is the "puntas de lomito a la jalapeña". I highly recommend this place.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Francisco M
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Cuadril”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

This place has a wonderful piece of meat called CUADRIL. That's my favorite, you must try it. The restaurant has a nice variety of wines to pair with the meat of your choice. They make some homeade potato chips "papas Arturito" that are awesome. For desert the Pacake with dulce de leche is a treat!

• Visited September 2013