All reviews third floor georgian bay fish and chips george island pretty view small balcony long weekend remote area gas fireplace killarney mountain lodge call ahead northern hospitality oyster bar pontoon boat provincial park heated pool room was spacious
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Our room in the hotel was very big and comfy. The view is really nice. However, the waitresses at the dinning and breakfast restaurant were rather confused and unorganised. The gym was closed although it was meant to be open.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David K
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We wanted to go for a bike ride so headed out for a 4 hour drive for fish and chips at Herbert's. We booked into the Sportsman's Inn and we couldn't have been happier. Our room was on the top floor over looking the water and marina with a balcony. The room was spacious and well decorated with a mini fridge and coffee maker. The walk in shower was nicely tiled instead of just an insert. A nice touch is that they support local artists and have decorated with pictures that are for sale, gallery style.
Through out the Inn there are historical pictures of the Inn and local area which I loved.

Room Tip: top floor overlooking the water
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2018

We arrived on April 30 well before tourist season. The famous fish & chip restaurant was just going to open daily the next day. There was still ice floating in some spots on the Bay and all the small lakes still had ice cover. The Pub at the Sportsmans Inn had fresh caught fish on the menu though so we had a great fish & chips dinner.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor for view I am not sure if you can get a room with a bath tub. Our room only had a shower.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2018

We stayed here for one night in May, 2018. The rooms are top notch! Comfie beds, great pillows, lovely fireplace and TV. Balcony just the right size to enjoy the vista up and down the River. The best thing about it was our hostess, KATE! Four stars for friendliness and professionalism. She made us feel welcome from the first moment at Check In. She was manning the Bar/Restaurant all by herself with a full house .. and did so amazingly and with the same grace and great service had we been the only customers. On top of that, the next morning there she was again bright and early serving us breakfast and making sure we were having a great time! What a gem. Truly a one woman show! I asked her if she was an owner because she certainly takes complete pride in her job and her establishment! Three Cheers! To Kate's Boss: She deserves a raise or at least profit sharing! We hope to come back as soon as we can .. and hope we are lucky enough to have Kate there to make us feel at home again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank surrealproperties
Reviewed 7 March 2018

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay here! We were looking for some time away after a very hectic year which included a battle with cancer. I was looking for a place that was comfortable, warm, and could provide us with a good dinner after our planned daily winter outings to Killarney Provincial Park. We certainly got more than what I hoped for! Our room, with a balcony on the top floor, had a great panorama over the frozen strait and provided an incredible view of the sunrise to the east. Our room was clean, odour free, the bed was very comfortable and the thermostat-controlled gas fireplace added special charm. However, the "piece de resistance" was the dining! We ordered the Chateaubriand on Saturday night and now know how Royalty must feel -- it was the fanciest meal that my wife and I have ever shared! Not only was it visually enticing but it was prepared to perfection. Sous-chef Ralph served our appetizers, prepared a classic Caesar Salad right at our table and Chef Keith brought on the main course (the best beef I've ever had). The wine was a perfect match; well recommended. Dessert (flambeed Baked Alaska) topped it off perfectly. The only deficiency was that my stomach was too small! The service matched the quality of the food. One day I spoke with Chef Keith about a dinner preference based on dietary needs. He accommodated us with quality and service that matched his other meals. We would love to come again -- for us it was the perfect winter get-away. We wish that we lived closer to be able to make such an escape a more frequent occurrence. Thanks to the whole crew at the Sportsman's Inn for a great weekend, especially Chef Kieth and Sous-chef Ralph, who added so much to our overall experience.

Room Tip: Rooms on the water side would be preferable. We enjoyed our private little balcony on the top (third) floor. Note there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple