Killarney mountain lodge is situated in one of the most scenic areas of Ontario. If you want to see dramatic rock scenes (pink granite slabs with slivers of black ) this is the place to go. One can kayak, canoe , boat tour, fish, swim in clean lakes or the lodge pool or hike the numerous trails that lead to stunning vistas. Plenty of outdoor activities here.
The lodge itself is very simple...not for those who want luxury. The internet connection is sketchy at best and there are no t.v.s or A/C ( don't worry for the evenings are cool). The beds are comfortable but the washrooms are in dire need of upgrading. There is a bar for those who want to be entertained in the evenings.
Nevertheless, Killarney mountain lodge is a great place to unwind and get away from the speedy modern world and enter the spiritual realm of nature . This is the 5th time I've been here and I always leave feeling so relaxed. The food was very good this year, the best ever so I hope they can hang on to this new chef.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Return to an era of grace and simplicity..... Killarney Mountain Lodge is a casual resort nestled on the north shore of Georgian Bay. Family owned and operated for over 50 years, the lodge is famous for friendly ambience, a distinctive cuisine and a unique outdoor adventure programme. This comfortable oasis features a charming dining room; nostalgic cocktail lounge with live entertainment during July and August; heated swimming pool, sauna and tennis court. The red granite shores of the Bay and white quartzite hills and sparkling lakes of Killarney Provincial Park beckon the explorer. There are Unlimited opportunities for daily expeditions by canoe, kayak, sail and trail in Ontario's most spectacular scenic wilderness. Killarney Provincial Park has always been considered the Crown Jewel of Ontario Parks. It abounds with wildlife large and small, from squirrels and chipmunks to deer, moose, elk and black bear. As a wilderness park, all forms of resource extraction, motorized equipment and hunting are prohibited. Visitors to the park are therefore assured of peace and tranquility. When exploring the intriguing channels and mysterious islands of Georgian Bay by kayak or aboard the lodge's excursion vessels, stunning vistas are at every hand. Sightings of waterfowl, deer, moose and bear are common. During a restful sojourn at the lodge guests can enjoy a quiet poolside read or a relaxing dip in the solar heated swimming pool. When action is the order of the day local wilderness trails start right at the lodge doorstep. They offer easy access to the outback in just a few short steps. Birdwatchers will find a wide variety of birds on both the lodge property itself and along these nearby trails. A few years ago a highly respected, elderly birder sighted 76 varieties during the course of a spring weekend. Killarney has always been a focal point for anglers. The lodge motto is "big waters mean big fish". We have all the equipment and facilities for a successful fishing trip including guides, boats both large and small and rental tackle. Giant northern pike and muskellunge are favourites for anyone seeking these voracious predators. Northern Georgian Bay's least known rod and reel resource is the unbelievable abundance of small and largemouth bass. These fighting fish lurk in the deep, near-shore pools. Commonly they run to four and five pounds. In recent years down rigging for salmon and trout has become a major activity in the Killarney area and Killarney Mountain Lodge has vessels dedicated to this deepwater style of fishing. Just 4.5 Hours from Toronto via Highways 400, 69 and 637, the lodge is easily accessible. If you take this route to Killarney, a circle tour is available to return to southern Ontario via Manitoulin Island, across the Fitzwilliam Channel to Georgian Bay aboard the Chi-Cheemaun ferry, Tobermory and on to the Bruce Peninsula. This provides a rare opportunity to enjoy some of Ontario's less visited backcountry as well as an exciting trip across the wide expanse of Lake Huron. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Killarney Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Killarney Mountain Hotel Killarney
- Killarney Mountain Lodge Canada - Ontario