“Brilliant”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Creully
Orlando, Florida
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I travelled to the Chateau from East Anglia with my school, we went on a ferry which broke the trip up and had a ten minute toilet break to go to the loo and stretch our legs. This meant that te trip didn't seem as long.
When we arrived I was surprised by how beautiful the surroundings were and the beauty moved into the grounds too. We stayed in the older part which was truly gorgeous. The dinning room was beautiful too.
We stayed in a spacious room with plenty of cupboard space and a good sized bathroom. We were out for most of the day but the evenings were pleasant with the river, grass area and sports court.
Our first day and the breakfast was great. The packed lunches we made up were decent and contained plenty.
The staff made the trip. They were kind and really helpful. They were up for a laugh too. I would especially like to say a huge thanks to Nicholas who was our guide who loved a laugh and was great..... THANK YOU!!!!!
Overall the trip was great, the château had a great location and was beautiful. would defiantly recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bournemouth
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed at the chateau as part of a school trip and I have to say it was overall good. The bedrooms were clean and it was in a nice location. However, the food that they served wasn't all that good and there wasn't much choice at breakfast. Also, some bathrooms didn't lock and the bunk beds' mattresses were not the right size for the bed. But overall it was fine and I would say that it was a nice place.

• Stayed June 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Built to house groups this hotel also takes individual guest. This is a lovely Chateau, off the beatern track, outside of Paris in a quiet woodland setting. Excellent for groups that have transportation provided. Located just outside a small town it is a picturesque place to walk and take pictures. The rooms had private baths and though not big there was a peaceful living room downstairs that all guests were welcome to use complete with coffee, tea, hot chocolate and fruit. We had dinner here both nights of our stay and the food was excellent. A simple breakfast is provided each day.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank maxwellkg
Sussex
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I have stayed here before and am always happy to return. It's a lovely place with a lot of French character. The bedrooms are a bit basic, but I had the pleasure of sleeping very well in one of the new double beds the hotel has recently invested in, along with other small touches in the rooms. Recently renovated areas of the hotel and grounds give the place a fresh feel. Food is always good and plentiful. The staff were friendly and welcoming and the hotel manager Roland is as attentive and helpful as ever. Considering the semi budget prices to stay here, I have absolutely no complaints and look forward to returning.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank amie_p
Cumbria
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stayed here as part of a school trip around France, in a room of 8 with only one plug wasn't great but we managed to survive. Food was okay, bunk beds were slightly awkward (they hurt your feet after a few climbs) and the rooms were cramped. Limited light. Wifi was on on the first night but was turned off. There is a playing field next door which is good for evenings. Classroom is an added bonus.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank elliemaydalton_
london
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Having just visited the chateau with a group of 40 school children I just felt that I had to comment in light of some of the previous negative reviews. The place is absolutely perfect for school parties, with large grounds for them to enjoy and a variety of rooms with different sleeping combinations. Although it was short, the children absolutely loved their stay there!

Customer service at the Chateau was excellent - all of the staff we met were extremely polite and couldn't have been more helpful! Particular mention should go to Becky and Roland who made our party feel extremely welcome.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jvassa314
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The Chateau and its grounds are beautiful - very quiet and peaceful.

I stayed here with three friends - we had a room each. My room was extremely basic - no pictures on the walls, no side lights, no telephone, and it was so badly arranged I had to climb over the corner of one of the beds every time I moved round the room. The room smelt very musty and the bed was child size so I didn't get a great deal of sleep. However, the bathroom was immaculate - no complaint there.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful (all English).

We had dinner in the hotel on the first night and it was of a good standard though only two choices for each course. However, we decided to have dinner on the third night and asked to see the menu before we booked our table. The menu was the same as the first night!! Consequently we went elsewhere.

The breakfast was Continental and not very inspiring. Cereals, TINNED fruit salad, yogurt, ham and cheese plus bread and croissants. That was it - a toaster would have been a good addition at least.

If you plan to go to the Chateau leave plenty of time to get lost en route. Lots of empty lanes with no one to ask so we went round and round many times - probably reversing more than going forwards!!!

Overall, it was cheap and cheerful - I would probably return but I wouldn't recommend it to any of my friends.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank richmoonset
RolandAnderson, Manager at Chateau du Baffy, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you for your feedback following your stay at the Chateau Du Baffy, we welcome customer comments to improve our service and products.

Whilst I am pleased that you were happy with the standard and cleanliness of the bathroom I recognise that the standard of the room was not as you had anticipated. We have acted on your feedback by assessing the layout of the room for ease of the guests. I am sorry if there was a musty smell, please be assured that all our rooms are cleaned on a regular basis and daily when a guest is staying.

We always receive very positive feedback regarding our staff at the Chateau, and I thank you for re-iterating this. We have passed your comments to our team.

On investigation I can see that the two menus to which you refer were similar, however we do offer a different choice every night. I do hope that you found somewhere suitable to enjoy your evening meal on this occasion.

I was surprised to hear your feedback regarding the breakfast. We offer a wide selection including cake, fresh fruit, tinned fruit, croissants and pain au chocolat, brioche, a choice of meats, and a choice of beverages. Of course if there was something missing, we would encourage you to ask one of our helpful staff members who would be more than happy to assist you in finding what you require.

I am pleased to hear that you would return to the Chateau, and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future. Thank you again for your comments and the opportunity to address your concerns.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Creully
St. Martin Hotel
#1 of 2 in Courseulles-sur-Mer
Camping Les 3 Rivieres
Camping Les 3 Rivieres
#1 of 1 in Creully

Been to Chateau du Baffy? Share your experiences!