“Worth the drive to Blyth!”
Review of Cowbell Brewing Co

Cowbell Brewing Co
Ranked #2 of 9 things to do in Blyth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We took a day trip almost a 2 hour drive to see this stunning facility! Cowbell is a beautiful building in the middle nowhere, the beer here is Fantastic. We had the kettle chip nachos and the Caesar salad pizza, both are amazing and we had to bring a few slices home. They have a really nice gift shop with all sorts of items including beer and growlers. A bit of a drive for us but I’d definitely make a stop here if you’re in the area!

1  Thank Goodburn
"souvenirs"
"summer"
"play"

Reviewed 13 June 2018

We did the Brewery Tour which lasted 50 minutes and was very interesting. Our guide, Rob, was a local in the area all his life and was very informative and a great person to talk to! We then went to the restaurant and the food was great as well and imbibed in their local craft beer.

I tried 3 different kinds and my girlfriend really likes the summer Shindig Lager. I liked the Absent Landlord which I have been drinking for about 6 months already and tried the Fly Girl Stout which was excellent and will give Guinness a good run for their money. I finished off with the Doc Perdue Bobcat Amber Ale and found it excellent as well.
Cheers to being a self-sustaining brewery that also gives back to the community through donations to local Children's Hospitals.
All the staff was very friendly and we thoroughly enjoyed this experience!

1  Thank Paul and Darlen... A
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Lots to like about this restaurant. Friendly efficient service, beer flights, varied menu and the building itself. Be sure to visit the upstairs area and have a look at the architectural plan with stats about the wooden beams seen throughout. Nice private group space upstairs as well. Would recommend a reservation.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

6 gals on their way to a cottage weekend had a rendezvous lunch here. Service timely & efficient with entrees and drink arriving without much time. Food delicious and the lager tasty. The environment was airy and contemporary. Will stop back again and sit on the patio which we checked out after we visited their store.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Found this place on a recent backroad ride back home.
I had their beers before at different festivals and such and was impressed. I was certainly blown away with the expanse of their local hometown brewery in Blyth!
Beautiful brewery with every possible business strategy in mind.
Great restaurant, private rooms for rent, farm to table in mind, great educated staff and lastly, great beer!
Keep in mind there are two levels of brews available. The founders series, which in my opinion is “craft safe beer” and the renegade series which in my experience is “experimental craft beer”.
If you look at it, there is s beer for everyone, from beginner to expert and the everything in between.
While I was blown away by everything there was one thing that left this place to get a very good rating and not an excellent.
That issue is their growler policy. Never have I been to a brewery that doesn’t fill a customers personal growler.
I was told that they have a growler refill program. You buy one filled and then when you return you exchange your empty one for a full one.
This is a very disappointing policy for this establishment in my opinion.
While they are local and promote as such, the biggest client they have are tourists travelling to there area on their way to other gatherings. What a great way to promote your business model but by wanting others to leave regularly with your product and spread the word?
So in conclusion, the place is amazing with great experimental brews, great restaurant and friendly staff.
The only thing I would change for this establishment is changing the growler policy. It would complete the whole package.