“As Expected” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Byram
Yukon, Oklahoma
“As Expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

Comfortable bed.. great staff... everything as it should be.. well managed. Special Kuodos to the lady that runs the breakfast, very well done at keeping everything clean, stocked, and fresh. Internet service was good... this is why I use HI Express

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Shreveport
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

This hotel was nice, but had an odd odor in our room. It wasn't just in our rooms, it was in the hallways and lobby too. The pool is indoors and clean, but indoors so everything echoes. The continental breakfast was good.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byram, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Dear Erica H ,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our property. We strive to provide the best possible experience and it is great to read from our guests on how we are doing. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us monitor and improve the quality of our product and services we offer our guests.

Again, thank you for the feedback and our apologies for the shortcomings. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Connie D
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

This hotel was JUST ok for a quick overnight stay. When entered room, there was a horrible stench in the room. The front desk person happened to be accompanying us because our keys were not working. She indicated that the housekeeping people do not turn on the air conditioning when they are cleaning the rooms which leaves the small rooms smelling like a dirty gym.

I decided to just stay here because I would only be staying one night in this hotel. I don't know if I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kmari78
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byram, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear Kmari78,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept our apologies for the unusual smell of the room accommodations you received that fell below your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Daytime staff is very helpful, nighttime front desk attendant leaves much to be desired. Unpleasant, rude, condescending, and acts as if working in the hospitality service is beneath her. Twice I called with simple requests and was given smart a$$ responses.

The rooms were very clean, and the bed was super comfy. Unfortunately at no fault of the hotel, it is located about 2 miles from a dog food plant. The smell is atrocious and nauseating. It's very difficult to get a good night's rest when it smells as if you're sleeping in horse stables. I won't be staying again because of that alone.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank cojo31812
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byram, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Dear cojo31812,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I am very glad that you found the bed to be super comfortable and the rooms very clean. I humbly extend an apology for the unsatisfactory service you received from the night staff. In addition, I am sorry you were negatively affected by the smell. Please be assured that all your comments are being reviewed by the management and actions will be taken accordingly. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Karen G.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

This Holiday Inn is brand new, very nice good central location just south of Jackson, MS... only complaint was the smell coming off the freeway, come to find out there is a Dog food processing plant near by and was disgusting, however it never quite made it to the hotel, but we chose not to eat near by we went into Jackson.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Mount Juliet, Tennessee, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

The Hotel was decent, my room wasn't even cleaned. I had to remove the last guests' bar of soap from the shower. There was fast food trash on the desk - really?? How does the cleaning crew miss that? The last guests' door keys were left by the tv. The woman at the front desk when I checked in was less than friendly. My dog has a way better personality. The woman the next morning when I mentioned everything I found wrong with the room could have cared less.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeff C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byram, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Dear Jeff C,

We greatly appreciate your feedback of our property. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the poor housekeeping service and level of staff service during your stay. Please be assured that we treat this matter seriously and actions will be taken by the team accordingly. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Zelyn N
Lake Ozark, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

I booked here because I heard the property was fairly new. Area is nice with a reasonable amount of food and merchants in the immediate area. Unfortunately my room and parts of the hallway have a very unpleasant odor. My room has definitely been smoked in more than once, and has a musty, smoky, BO mix of odors that is mild but very unpleasant, and increases when the fan comes on. I can deal with some old smoke smell, but not along with the rest of the mix. I did complain to the front desk. She apologized, said other complaints had been made on that room, and that it had been reported to management in the past. She did offer to move me, but I had to leave for an appointment and didn't have time to move all my belongings at that point. I was recognized as a platinum member when I checked in, so I have to wonder why I would have been placed in a room that had a known problem. Actually I don't see why anyone would be, if there were any other alternatives. I see others have had the same experience in previous reviews, so I bet this in not a single room issue. Especially since the same smell is in areas of the hallway. Very disappointing, and will result in an unlikely return when I am in this area again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank OnTheRoadWarrior
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byram, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Dear OnTheRoadWarrior,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comment, we truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. Please accept my apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay and if your stay was negatively affected by the room assigned to you. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

Again, we wish to thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel to our area.

Krysllin G.
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Byram
Red Lion Inn & Suites Byram
BEST WESTERN Executive Inn
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 38 in Jackson

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byram? Share your experiences!