“Clean Rooms”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Byram
Beaumont, Texas
“Clean Rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed here while in town for business. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. The hotel is conveniently located right off the freeway and next door to several fast food type chain restaurants. Our room was on the second floor and we did not have any problem with noise. Our room was supposed to be non-smoking but you could smell cigarette smoke bad. I don't know whether someone had smoked in the room, in the room next door or if it was traveling through air conditioning vents, but the smell did get increasingly worse. I did not complain because we were only there one night and weren't in the room much, but I did mention it to the front desk clerk upon checkout and she was apologetic. The free breakfast had several choices from eggs, sausage, several breads, yogurt, dry cereal, fruit and hot cinnamon rolls. Not bad at all for free or included in hotel rate. Quick travel times to Jackson.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stopped at the Holiday Inn Express in Byram in the middle of the night as we were traveling to New Orleans. We attempted to stay at another location closer to Jackson MS but as we pulled up to the hotel it was clearly not in a safe area so we traveled farther south on I55. We stopped because of the reputation of Holiday Inns. We are glad we did. The hotel was very safe. The front lobby is secure. Hotel is very nice and new. The front desk person was nice and efficient in getting us a room right away. Beds are comfortable. Super clean hotel. Good temperature control. Clean and roomy bathroom. Hot showers and fluffy towels. The free hot breakfast was excellent. Seemed like a lot of business travelers stayed there. Staff in the morning was very friendly and we checked out easily and were on our way. Will stay here again if we are passing through.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Gastonia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

They have the best breakfast bar compared to anywhere else that I have stayed in the past. They have so many choices you cant name them all.
I have been at this location for six months now (on business) and would not want to stay anywhere else. The staff is SUPERB, the building is very clean and neat.
I'd stay here anytime.

Room Tip: Third floor is the best, it's closest to the guest laundry.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stopped in because I was tired of driving and wanted to lay down a few hours before getting back on the road. I was treated with the upmost respect at check in like she knew me personally and I had never been to this hotel before. I know good customer service because I am a manager at Fairfield Inn and I was just overly excited about the service. It impacted me so much that I went back to work and had a meeting with my staff letting them know about my experience and the areas we need to improve in. Usually when I tell someone NO I am not interested in joining the point programs I usually get attitude but she was still very friendly and advised me that she will just check back with me and I loved the fact that she didn't just give up. I give credit where credit is due and this is one time I can say that it is DUE to this young lady. I wanted to wait on the manager to get in the next morning so that I could brag on her but when I walked to the front desk to my surprise she was still there because I didn't even get her name when I checked in LOL, I said how can I let someone know how friendly and nice you were and her response was "See that's why I told you to join our program" I couldn't do anything but laugh. I told her that I didn't have time and that I needed to get back on the road so she said well here's a card you can go online and tell everyone about your experience with Chelria at Holiday Inn in Byram we would really appreciate it. The room was very clean and my overall experience at this hotel was just WONDERFUL! I will be returning here whenever I'm in the area

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank walter b
Petal, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

The service at this hotel was excellent! The staff (Ebony) was beyond helpful! My grandmother passed away so I needed to check in early to get dressed. It was not at problem at all. I explained my situation and she gladly helped. The room was very clean, quiet and also a very good rate. As I left, I made sure to let them know how much I greatly appreciated the great service because we all know that GREAT service is hard to find. I will stay here again and HIGHLY recommend it!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lisa c
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

stopped here for the night on the way to new orleans, my 3 year old grandson amd i enjoyed the pool twice, breakfast was great, service was excellent, rooms where clean, would stop here again, several places to eat for dinner,

Room Tip: bring your bathing suit, nice pool
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Conyers, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Last weekend I spent two days as a guest in the Bates Hotel called “Holiday Inn Express”. I am a Priority Club member with Holiday Inn Express so I have high expectations for my choice. The service at the front desk was horrible. The toilet over filled and the desk refused to bring a plunger. “You’ll have to do that yourself, I’m busy”. When I shared my concerns at the desk I was treated with disrespect and lack of service. The rooms were halfway cleaned. I will NEVER AGAIN stay at this Holiday Inn Express. I would recommend the COMFORT INN on the other side of the interstate.

Room Tip: Keep driving!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 987DanB
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byram, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear 987DanB,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Member and writing feedback about your stay. It is very unfortunate that we were not able to meet your expectations on this day due to the level of service received from our staff. Your feedback will be addressed with them accordingly to ensure incidents like this do not happen again in the future.

Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Byram
Red Lion Inn & Suites Byram
WoodSpring Suites Jackson South
Hampton Inn Richland
Hampton Inn Richland
#1 of 5 in Richland
BEST WESTERN Executive Inn
Americas Best Value Inn-Byram/Jackson South
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clinton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Byram? Share your experiences!