“A little gem!”

Shuswap Lake Motel and Resort
Shuswap Lake Motel and Resort
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We've stopped at this friendly little resort twice now, on our way back home to Vancouver and at short notice a chalet/room has been provided for us. Both times, we have had a warm reception. The rooms are clean and tidy (if a little dated), as is the site itself (clean and tidy, not dated). We have a dog and he was also made welcome. We will definitely stay again and recommend this little find to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kit M
There are newer reviews for Shuswap Lake Motel and Resort

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We have stayed at this motel many times over the past 10 years. Immaculate rooms, friendly hosts and wonderful grounds with play area for kids, and including ping pong. Access to the lake and easy walk to restaurants. Camp spots available too.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank judehartman
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I was going to camp here for one night on my way home , but I liked it so much I stayed for two nights !
I was very impressed because the place was so clean and so well-kept .
The bathroom was also spotless .
I had a very beautiful camping spot with trees all around me !
When I went to the office to tell them how much I liked it,
I found out the people who look after the place are the owners !
Very helpful and friendly people .
I checked out the restaurants in Sorrento and they are very good too .
I gave it a four for location because it's quite close to the highway, therefore noisy.
I had my earplugs so I was all set.
I am pretty sure If you were in a room you would not hear the traffic.
I was by myself and I only paid $25 for camping for the night which I considered a really good deal !

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Tazzmanazz
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We enjoyed our one night stay this week, the surroundings were beautiful the weather was fantastic and the property and cabins were very clean and well appointed. Next time we will plan to stay more than one night. Loved this place!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank JNahanee
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I've stayed here every summer for the past 11 years. It has all the conveniences I need, the staff keep it spotless and they're quite nice folks! There's a playground for kids, picnic tables for each cabin and a short walk to a beautiful lake.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank slideguy07
Reviewed 19 August 2013

The staff at Shuswap Lake Motel & Resort were always very helpful and accommodating. The rooms were comfortable and exceptionally clean - which is high on my priority list of wants! Booking from one year to the next for the same event attended was handled well with no issues at all. Traffic noise from the highway close by did not hinder a good night's sleep. The property has lots of grass and includes a play area for kids, BBQs, picnic tables and comfy chairs to observe the millions of stars above.

Room Tip: Even with the temperatures over 30 degrees Celsius, the room fans were adequate; AC not necessary.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank JoAnneAB2013
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I'm in Sorrento on business every 5-6 weeks through out the year and I always stay at the Shuswap Lake Motel and Resort. It's a cozy little spot. Well treed, nicely landscaped. The owners, Don and Sherri, are always very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone passing through Sorrento needing a good place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Orion D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sorrento
Podollan Inn
#3 of 4 in Chase
Jade Mountain Motel
Jade Mountain Motel
#2 of 4 in Chase

Been to Shuswap Lake Motel and Resort? Share your experiences!