“At least we had a refrigerator”
Review of Sorrento Inn

Sorrento Inn
Sorrento Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Sorrento B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This place is run down. Beds are hard and uncomfortable. The floor squeaks no matter where you step. WiFi only works when everyone in the motel is asleep or checked out. The refrigerator worked, so I gave it 2 stars instead of 1

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Sorrento Inn

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I wish, I had put the reviews in consideration. I do not usually post reviews(dew to my English as second language therefore poor spelling and poor grammar). if You want to enjoy your vacation or good night sleep stay away from this place. It is filthy. the rooms are far from the pictures, no counter space in bathroom you have to put your toiletry on top of toilet. the rooms are not cleaned when you get there and not attended if you stay more then one night Ex. No coffee cups replaced, no shampoo replaced, the TV is a jock (if that interests you) there is a small bar fridge(ok) and the microwave is sitting on it unstable. The place for you to hang your clothes is above the microwave (app. 2" height in space). the office is deserted and the ring of a bell does not get you any ware. I was there trying to get to coffee cups, and a lady (who had been waiting for a wile told me not to waste my time, she also told me, the day before she hade asked the "cleaning" lady, three times, to clean her room. It was never done. So I went to the near by store "the Lighthouse Market" to by coffee cups, with the pleasant surprise of receiving two free cups from the counter lady, when she heard my ordeal. She said "I want to clear Sorrento's name". STAY AWAY.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Leonardo M
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This place was the worst I ever been in... Bad smell in the room and dirty carpet, unclean bath and buds in an ashtray on the balcony..All this things and unqualifide staff you can find in Sorrento Inn. This motel dosen't deserve even one star of five! Avoid to stay there!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Galyna Y
Reviewed 3 September 2013

AVOID AVOID AVOID....This place is HORRIBLE. Bed had blood on the corner of the box spring dirty ripped up mattress..I do have pictures but are very disgusting to put up just be warned. Just stay away from this place. And they charged us 108 for the night I got a better room in Vancouver for 50 bucks cheaper. Keep driving do not stop!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mellybia
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed at the Sorrento Inn during a roadtrip through BC. We arrived late in the evening in the middle of a heavy rainstorm and only stayed because of the late hour and horrible road conditions. We were surprised to be checked in by two young but nice children. That is the only positive thing I can think of to say about this place. The room was dirty and stunk. There were bugs everywhere. There was some kind of leak in the bathroom that created a puddle that expanded into the room making for some wet carpet. I complained at the front desk and they brought some towels to the room to soak it up. The floor was spongy and bounced in places. The air conditioner was loud and did little to cool the room. This is a hotel at the end of its life. We arrived late and the general discomfort of the room was all the motivation we needed to be back on the road at the crack of dawn. If I'd known then what I know now I probably would have just slept in our vehicle on the side of the road. I feel bad because I like to support smaller family run businesses but in this case I think they're either in way over their heads or just smile a lot and don't actually care.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank wiscad
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I was just looking for a cheap, clean place to lay my head while on a road trip. The girl at the front desk of the restaurant in Salmon Arm said that she thought that the Sorrento Inn might be ok for that purpose.

The no -smoking room smelled like cigarets and some harsh cleaner. There were spider webs and spiders everywhere and the door to the bathroom was stained and needed a wash. The little bar fridge smelled bad as well. I didn't let any of my gear touch fabric.... if I hadn't been so tired I would have continued on.

I am giving a two star because of the nice children manning the front desk- they were really sweet and did their best to help in a bad situation.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jayeson H
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We had booked a three day stay at this motel. Upon waking after our first night we turned back the bed spread only to find it in an unsanitary condition with numerous unlaundered bodily fluid stains (blood included) We asked to speak to the manager who could not be found, and the desk clerk was disgusted with the condition of the bedspread and promptly refunded our entire three day fee. Upon returning home we have discovered that our credit card had been charged a days accommodation at an inflated rate from the initial cost. When our booking agent contacted the motel, the motel claimed that we had left because we had made previous accommodation arrangements. The fact of the matter was, we had no place to stay and friends were able to get us into a B&B.One can only imagine the condition of the carpets, which were (of course) dark colored as was the bedspread.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sorrento
Podollan Inn
Overlander Motel
#3 of 4 in Chase
Best Western Salmon Arm Inn
Shuswap Lake Motel and Resort

Been to Sorrento Inn? Share your experiences!