Casa Susegad is an amazing and beautifully renovated 17th century mansion, right in the heart of a village in Loutolim, South Goa. When you arrive here, you are greeted by the wonderful owners Carole and Norman, who are so friendly it instantly makes you relax, and after a few minutes, makes you feel like part of the family. Carole and Norman are truly, the most wonderful hosts you could ever hope to meet and will do everything to make your stay the most special and wonderful experience. We were introduced to some of the staff, who were smiley, warming and unbelievably helpful.
We had opted to stay in the 'The Turquoise Room', a beautiful, calming room, with a large double bed, table and chairs, AC and a huge bathroom with hot water. The room was beautifully decorated, all running with the turquoise theme. The bathroom was huge, with a good shower and shampoo, body-wash etc all for use. The room leads out onto the pool, with the backdrop of trees, flowers, and the occasional monkey!! There are plenty of sunloungers and tables with chairs outside. There are only 5 rooms here, making the stay feel comfortable, and never overcrowded.
Casa Susegad is a massive place, with a large dining room, a massive living room area with TV, games, and sofas under the windows, where you can wish away the hours staring at the wildlife. At the time we were staying, Carole and Norman were awaiting their bar licence, so instead they were operating a 'bring your own bar' area, where their very own barman Peter will make you any cocktails you fancy if you supply the alcohol.
Whilst we were there, we were lucky to experience some of a new menu Carole and Norman were working on. I have to say that the food was the best food i had on my entire trip, and the chickpea curry i had on one the evenings was literally the best curry i've ever eaten. The layout of the food was spectacular, with every attention to detail.
On one of the days, my boyfriend and I went on tour of the village and local area. It was amazing to be able to photograph village women in the rice paddy fields, men herding cows and many other wonderful scenes of sleepy indian village life. There are lots of other add-on activities you can do while here; there's fishing with the locals, yoga, relaxation therapies such a massages etc.
In the few idyllic days we had there, both my boyfriend and I left feeling, re-energised, recharged more relaxed than we had in months, happy and yet also incredibly sad to be leaving so soon. I will be back to stay with Carole and Norman again i hope, and have already recommended it to family and friends. If you want somewhere to go to forget about the world, relax and unwind, in beautiful surroundings, while eating good food and lazing in the sun, this should be your only booking this year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An imaginatively restored colonial mansion house only 20 minutes drive from beaches, with all of the friendliness and charm of a rural village setting. Set in one and a half acres of beautiful grounds we are surrounded by forest and jungle in what is often described as Goa's most beautiful village. Enjoy being pampered, well fed and thoroughly spoiled and find your own meaning for Susegad. Car and driver arranged on request; spa therapies, snooker, home theatre, local walking maps, wi-fi and yoga available on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Casa Susegad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Susegad Hotel Loutolim
- Casa Susegad Goa/Loutolim