“Great overnight stay, we'll be back!”

Good Night Inns Wheatsheaf Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in North Waltham
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

We (me, my husband and 18mth old) recently stayed here for overnight for a family function. The he receptionist was very warm, friendly and welcoming. After seeing us to our rooms she returned with several colouring sheets and crayons for our daughter to play with. Our room was at the very top of the Inn and we loved all the nooks, crannies and creaky floorboards. The room was spacious and quirky with odd angles, but they have made great use of the space and everything you need has been fitted in. The bed was humongous! The only drawback was that we couldn't turn the heating off. We ate lunch in the restaurant and it was absolutely delicious. Everything was well cooked, tasted fresh and the portions are a good size. Would highly recommend staying here

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Brilliant stay at Premiere Inn Basingstoke South. Big comfortable bed, just like in the advert. Slept six hours straight. Clean and fresh throughout. Lovely happy staff. Lunch in restaurant was quick, fresh and served large portions.
Breakfast at P/Inn Basingstoke Leisure complex was a family affair (14 in total) and was pure feasting of fresh food. Bring on the next party!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I returned to this hotel after a break of 18 months. I am pleased to say that despite the time, the hotel receptionist remembered me as did the Restaurant Manager and Breakfast Supervisor, which was a nice touch.

Jacky at reception was most helpful, even offering the use of an umbrella to get my belongings from the car as it was really pouring hard with rain. I was in Room 9 at the top of the stairs, but there are sufficient fire doors in the corridor to blank any transit noise from the staircase to other rooms. As always cleanliness is spot on and this room over looks the car park and benefits from a large box bay window.

The adjacent Wheatsheaf pub serves a good selection of meals and I was even assisted in finding the best appropriate table by Tasha in the Restaurant. The meal was well presented and flavoursome at a real competitive price.

I had an extremely good sleep and only noticed the shortcomings in the bathroom the next morning. Unfortunately the extraction fan was very noisy and rattlier than a rattly thing and the cold water tap in the basin did not work. So being resourceful, I merely took my toothbrush and toothpaste to breakfast and cleaned my teeth in the Gents in the bar. Breakfast was excellent with attentive service and a bonus as it starts at 6.30am.

However, finally there was a lingering smell of vomit in the bathroom that woudl benefit from a strong air freshner or odour eater. You all know that after smell that seems to permeate the very fabric of everything. Simply an observation from a sensitive nose.

Other than that, I am returning next week and the week after and I have no issues with this very friendly, clean and well run establishment. It is very cosy.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I found this to be a good average Premier Inn, perhaps in need of a little updating, but perfectly OK, clean and well maintained. I did find that two light bulbs in the bathroom hadn't been installed (were left on the shelf with the connectors hanging down above), but this is a minor issue and not a safety problem. I reported it to reception on leaving.

The restaurant was fine and the food excellent. Good breakfast the next morning, my only criticism is that prepackaged croissants are not pleasant - please have the newly baked next time!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Overall an average Premier Inn. This is a franchise hotel so does not offer the Meal Deal and payment for the room is made upon checking in. Food was good but we have had better. The rooms, in particular the bathrooms, are tired and need some serious attention. Staff on checking in were excellent.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed at the premier inn, Wheatsheaf in North Waltham over christmas and it was AMAZING! The staff were fabulous as we had a horrible power cut and couldnt cook our xmas dinner, they sqeezed us in for lunch and Natalie who runs the hotel was FANTASTIC!! So unbelivably helpful and so nice when I got upset about our house. The hotel is beautiful and full of character. I would just love to say thank you! Natalie also made up a christmas TV guide for people with all the christmasy programmes and films on the TV which was so special! The rooms were immaculate and everyone in the restaurant was fantastic and the food...BEAUTIFUL! I just wanted to say a big thank you to absolutely everyone and meery christmas

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back because the hotel is located A30
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Food left in waste bin no hot water room not made up on second day towels left on chair people singing out side room 11 pm first night and 2.15am the next day.we did get a refund but that was not the point so will not stay here again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Good Night Inns Wheatsheaf Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. We are however, pleased to learn that you were refunded in line with our Good Night Guarantee. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Thank you once again for your review.

Been to Good Night Inns Wheatsheaf Hotel? Share your experiences!