“Just one night - Shame!”
Review of Beechcroft Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Highcliffe
Beechcroft Place
Ranked #2 of 6 Highcliffe B&B and Inns
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Just one night - Shame!”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

If I were to write a school report on this place I would put "Exceeds expectations"!

I didn't expect such a large space to bumble around in with sitting room (conservatory), large bathroom, ante room and lovely bedroom, my first thought upon being greeted was, 'just one night, what a shame'. This is the kind of place you really need to settle into for at least 4 or 5 days and when Robert told me that there was another adjoining bedroom, all my friends came to mind so I now have my excuse to return.

Despite the awful weather, I was welcomed with bright smiles and tea in a china pot. The location was easy to find and well marked by the B&B sign in front of the property. Clean, contemporary with some lovely little touches - love the fish! Breakfast was perfect and served exactly as I had requested at 8.30am.

I'd definitely return to this home from home - Many thanks to Bob and Barbara

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank truthseeker99

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Kirkwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Probably the best B&B I have stayed at in the UK. Clean, bright, very friendly and welcoming owners, I arrived late at night and this was no problem at all as I was met and shown around. Free WiFi, TV and within a 5 minute walk of the sea front. Couldn't recommend it higher

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank CoastguardChris
Bangor, Co Down
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I have stayed at Beechcroft place twice now with work. I have been commuting for stays of 1-2 weeks in highcliffe with work for the last 18 months, and would highly recommend Robert and his wife as hosts. Infact i stayed here on the recommendation of a colleague at work...They are always welcoming and offer refreshments on arrival, without being too over the top.

The entire property is kept in immaculate condition, gardens are well tended and I really struggle to find fault anywhere. The room with the conservatory lounge is spacious, well decorated, and clean. The shower room is ample and again, immaculately presented.

The bread/toast offered with breakfast is some of the nicest I have ever tasted, I think my colleagues are sick of hearing about it!(or jealous!) there is plenty of variety available and you can specify at what time you would like your breakfast served.

Having stayed at other B & B's in the area I can confidently say this is one of, if not the best, be sure to have a look through the photo album for some stunning pictures of local scenery too.

I think it's also worth noting despite being close to the lymington road, which sees significant amounts of traffic, the rooms are very quiet at the back of the house facing the back garden. I've stayed in other places locally an have on occasion been woken very early with traffic noise, not a problem at Beechcroft place.

Room Tip: Conservatory lounge is awesome.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jacob H
Padstow, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at beechcroft place, Ideal location, lovely room and very welcoming couple. The room was imaculate and A very good size. could not fult it. A good size breakfast of a moning which was lovely and fresh.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Stornoway, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I have stayed here numerous times over the past five or six years and cannot rate it highly enough. The proprietors are friendly, without being intrusive, and cannot do enough to ensure your stay is as comfortable as possible.

The rooms are spacious and the conservatory room in particular is a pleasure in warmer weather.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MurdoM179
St Davids, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at Beechcroft Place on many occasions during the past two years and I honestly cannot find fault with the place. The welcome has always been friendly, the room very clean and the breakfast delicious. The rooms are spacious and well appointed and on warmer afternoons the garden is a welcome bonus. I have always been lucky enough to stay in the conservatory room, which is light and bright. The extra space creates a nice place to relax and a welcome relief from many boxy b&b rooms.

Having stayed in a few places now in the Highcliffe area over the last few years, Beechcroft Place is by far and away the best. I can’t recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We travel from California to visit family & to enjoy the coastal area of Christchurch.
This is our favorite place to stay for the week.
Both suites are located looking out at the back garden.
Our preference is the suite with the glass conservatory, an open room with the warmth & comfort to enjoy breakfast & to relax at the end of the day with a glass of wine.
The owners very nice, helpful, accommodating & make a great breakfast that has satisfied our healthy appetites before the days adventures.
Would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Phil F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highcliffe
Lord Bute Hotel
#3 of 6 in Highcliffe
Beachside Bed & Breakfast
Beachside Bed & Breakfast
#5 of 32 in Christchurch

Been to Beechcroft Place? Share your experiences!