“short break”

Ranked #5 of 6 Highcliffe B&B and Inns
Coventry, United Kingdom
“short break”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We recently stayed at The Beech Tree for a couple of nights, the Hotel is small only 6 rooms, but this is its beauty, we had a twin room, it was very comfortable, ensuit, television, coffee & tea facilities, the full English breakfast was excellent, good choice of alternatives if needed. The owner made us feel very welcome, he also served breakfast, the service was great no need to wait for anything it appeared when you needed it. The hotel is situated approximately 10 mins flat walk to the beach, when you get there it is a fabulous view overlooking The Isle of Whight, there is a cafe there called The Cliffhanger, gr8 place to stop have a drink and take in the views. The hotel is only 15mins drive from The New Forest and 5mins drive from Highcliffe Castle. Great base for visiting local area.

Room Tip: We were on 2nd floor now 3 which was probably quietess room. All rooms had triple glazing.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeff B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Ammanford
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Perfectly located for our wedding in Highcliffe Castle. Immaculately clean, everything we needed to enjoy our stay. Our hosts Nina and John went out of our way to may our stay welcoming. Nina even insisted on running us to the train station for our homeward journey. Deliciously cooked breakfast as much toast as you wanted. John is in charge and books taxis no problem. Well worthy of their four star rating, Recommended to you and old alike. You wont find better hosts.

Room Tip: Triple glazing means noise free but no air conn, so if you leave windows open traffic noise is notic...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We have stayed at Beech Tree approx. 6 times over the last couple of years. AS USUAL, have been made to feel like one of the family. Thank you, John and Nina (must not forget Flora either). The location is perfect and easy to visit other places The rooms have been spotless and well maintained. It does not matter which room you have because the double/triple glazing keeps any noise of the passing traffic out. The full English breakfast excellent, including egg, bacon, sausage, tomato beans, mushrooms and toast. The owners very friendly yet professional. Always pleasant and a good laugh. The type of persons who should run establishment like this. Looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

As a solo traveller I had the smallest of the rooms (Room 4) but it was quite large enough with a double bed and plenty of space to move around.
Everything was clean and fresh with multi-channel TV and a good supply of tea and coffee ingredients.
Breakfast was very good with the full English being a good plate of food, not just egg and bacon.
Very attentive and obliging owner.
The security (front door) procedure was quite rigorous but necessarily so and meant a good night's sleep for all residents.
I would be happy to return there and more than happy to recommend to friends and family.

Room Tip: The Beech Tree is located on quite a busy road so if you're looking for the quieter rooms then a...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stayed here for two nights to attend a wedding in Bournemouth. The accommodation was very good although a bit on the small side, the room was very clean and quiet. The hosts were lovely and made us very welcome and breakfast was great. Located a five minute walk from the village, where we had a lovely fish and chip supper and there are all amenities, and a short walk from the beach for wonderful walks.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I stayed at the beech tree for one night as I came down for a friends wedding. The owner is very friendly & runs through all the rules etc when you arrive. I was very disappointed when I was told breakfast was only served until 8.40am ! The wedding I was attending did not end until well after midnight & my train home was not until early afternoon. I explained this and being a small B+B I did hope they would be a little more flexible with breakfast times, as I had paid for it and did not know of the time rule until I arrived there ! I was in the smallest room which was comfortable and very clean and did have everything you would need. Unfortunately not only did I miss out on that cooked breakfast (I was not offered anything else, even tea and toast & it was only just after 9am) when I got in the shower the water was nothing more then dripping out and was cold. I kept thinking it just needed time but it was clearly the way it was + I was so looking forward to a nice hot shower. So all in all it was not the best experiance for me personally, however in a different room & no late nights to worry about I'm sure it would of been a much better experiance.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Maria W
Ely
Reviewed 5 September 2012

My wife and I had a wonderful stay at the beech tree. The proprietors were very welcoming polite, courteous and obliging. The room was very clean and comfortable and the service was excellent. Breakfast was lovely with a wide variety of cereal, fruit, juices and of course a delicious full english. We have happy memories of our stay, but most endearing of all will be the memory of the warmth and genuine hospitality we received from Nina and John. We shall certainly be recommending the beech tree to our family and friends.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highcliffe
Travelodge Christchurch
#2 of 7 in Barton-on-Sea
Bure Lodge B&B
Bure Lodge B&B
#2 of 32 in Christchurch

Been to Beech Tree? Share your experiences!