“Great welcome”

Ranked #3 of 6 Highcliffe B&B and Inns
Westcliff-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Great welcome”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Welcomed with a huge pot of fresh coffee and some home made cake "on the house". Good,, clean room, superb cooked to order breakfasts and plenty of parking spaces. Well situated for forest or beach holidays. Warm swimming pool for all the family. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We had a four poster bed and the room included a sofa area for watching the Tv. Nice and airy room w...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Been here loads as come to this part of the world quite often. The Rothesay just gets better and better. Attentive, helpful and friendly staff (and son!), very clean and well appointed room, great breakfasts. They've upgraded the swimming pool/sauna area, outdoor seating space and the entrance area so I got: huge pot of tea and lovely cake upon arrival, great room, two visits to the pool/sauna (1hr each - me in there alone!!) and friendly ane attentive care throughout. Excellent value for money and I'll just keep going back!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Lovely hotel and although on the main road is very peaceful. Staff very helpful and attentive, great breakfast, great room and lots of outside seating. Complimentary tea and delicious cake on arrival and plenty of off street parking in the grounds. Very pleased and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I booked the place online via another website but accidentally put the wrong dates so I was very surprised when the owner rang me saying he was expecting me. I checked my booking and was very frustrated to see the mistake I made but as it was my fault I took it on the chin and had to pay the full price.
I rang the owner Michael next day and apologized and asked if I can book again, this time for the correct dates. He was very kind and offered me a discount on the booking which was much appreciated.
The stay at the BnB was amazing and the hosts were very nice. I loved our room and the tidiness of the place. The patio area was very nice and the swimming pool was a very good touch to the place over all I can't fault the place and would go there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Stayed for two nights over the bank holiday and loved the place. It was very quiet and the room was nice. Breakfast was good . Michael was very attentive and nothing was too much trouble. Beowulf stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Chessington, Surrey
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Trying to find a hotel in Highcliffe that would take a single night booking over a bank holiday is difficult, so many thanks to the Rothesay for accomodating us.

Outside the courtyard is a nice sun trap and there is a good size car park out the front.

Yes the hotel is on a main road, but the main building is set back, so you don't walk out the front door onto a busy road the car park is first, so i don't see this as a problem. Also its busy depending on your time of visit, like us we stayed on a bank holiday and the weather was good so there were a lot of people off ot the beach.

The room we had was small, but it had what we wanted and for a single night was not a real issue. Had a nice shower and the room was clean and tidy.

Breakfast was fine and like our room, met our needs without being exceptional.

Were woken up at 8 by what sounded like someone hoovering, but not the end of the world.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank localpint
wolverhampton
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay at the Rothesay. On arrival we were greeted by Michael the owner who immediately offered us a complimentary drink of tea or coffee. After depositing our luggage in our room we made our way to the patio area. The sun was shining and the patio was lovely. Michael then arrived with our drinks and home made cake. I ask, what more could you possibly ask for. A good size reasonably priced clean room I hear you say, well that was on the bill also, along with a great breakfast. The hospitality was second to none. Add to that the location, with Highcliffe Castle and the town literally just a few minutes away. Would highly recommend this hotel and if I am ever in the Dorset area again will definitely stay there.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highcliffe
Premier Inn Christchurch / Highcliffe Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,740 reviews
Fisherman's Haunt Hotel
Fisherman's Haunt Hotel
#9 of 11 in Christchurch

Been to The Rothesay Hotel? Share your experiences!