“With it in Highcliffe at last!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Paddle

The Paddle
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe, British, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Paddle is a unique friendly boutique cafe kitchen bar with a choice of daily changing specials, wood fired pizzas in a warm and friendly atmosphere.
Lymington
“With it in Highcliffe at last!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

What really good quality food and drink and served by staff who actually look like they want to be there- how refreshing! My husband and I stopped by whilst cycling and had a light snack which was delicious- I had the super food salad whilst hubbie had the pulled pork ( seems back in fashion) flatbread- good wholesome food in funky surroundings. We are in our forties and are so pleased that there is somewhere with a younger fresher feel with proper homemade food and good service- well done folks, we will be back!

Barton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Great little eatery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I really like the Paddle. It's so different to other places locally, stylish and a breath of fresh air.
I've popped in for a drink with friends during the day (love the chai chocolate) and had dinner in the evening. All of it is great. Great food, service and décor.

Visited May 2014
“This is what Highcliffe has been waiting for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I love this little place..we have been for morning coffee, lunch and Dinner and every time faultless..exquisite homemade food, great coffee and a varied drinks menu from juices to smoothies, great cocktails and imaginative soft drinks. The Paddle is serving locally sourced ingredients, they have a tasty menu and to top it a mouthwatering specials board..The service is friendly and informative...what more can I say..try it for yourself :-)

• Visited June 2014
“Style, but little substance”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Their website says they don't take bookings for lunch. We turned up for lunch to find our choice of table was reserved. We were then moved soon again because the table the waitress showed us to was also booked in another half hour or so. Almost Fawlty Towers-esque so far....

We placed our order and most of the food arrived. Except one lot of chips which we were told was "on the way". Only when we were half way through our meals did we have to ask *again*, and only then did they mysteriously turn up.

Condiments? I suggest you bring your own. The thimble sized portion of ketchup that had to be requested would have been fine - if you were a mouse that liked ketchup. Oh, and I hope you don't like salt on your chips. I couldn't be bothered asking for that too.

The coffees were good, fair play. The food itself was average. The dishes were ok on flavour. Portion size was average.

The service itself was polite, but bordering patronising, and at all times we felt they were breathing down our necks to get us fed and out.
What topped it off for me, and decided that I won't be returning or recommending this place is how, after we parted with a tidy sum, that we were ushered out because - you got it - the table we were at was booked. I had hardly finished chewing...

Visited June 2014
2 Thank r1moose
ThePaddleHighcliffe, Owner at The Paddle, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback and email. Firstly I am so sorry that you were made to feel rushed during your visit on Fathers Day as this would never be our intention.

Your e-mail mentions that you enjoyed your food very much, however it seems from your review that this was not the case. We take our customers feedback very seriously and welcome both positive and negative comments to enable us to continue to improve your experience.

We do not take bookings for lunch unless they are for a group of more than 6 people which is stated on our website. I really appreciate that you were so understanding when asked to move tables, however we did not have a booking until 1.15pm on the table you moved to which was for 6. As your friends arrived at around 10am I understood that they would be having breakfast and was not aware you were wishing to have lunch with us. Had this been the case we would have mentioned this sooner.

I am so sorry for the lack of communication on our part and hope that if you choose to visit us in the future your experience is greatly improved.

Kind regards
Donna
Christchurch, United Kingdom
“Super little place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I'm so glad we tried The Paddle, what an amazing little place this is! The service was very friendly and the food superb. We had a halloumi and mango salad, fries and a pulled pork flatbread for lunch. These guys make GREAT bread! I really can't fault it and it is going to be our new place to eat from now on.