Hotel Serpiano
US$220
US$200
Travelocity
Caroline Hotel Brusimpiano(Brusimpiano)(Great Value!)
US$123
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Hotel Morgana(Mendrisio)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshotel restaurantlake luganobeautiful viewexcellent locationbeautiful hotellong timesan giorgionarrow roadchallenging drivea unesco world heritage sitespaterracecarmendrisioswitzerlandforestmonte
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I found this hotel with a good price when searching Lugano Hotels. First of all, I did the right way to choose this hotel.
Driving along a beautiful road with trees covering, you reach the hotel in 20 min. from the main road. Silence everyhere. You just dive into a green sea. Some of the rooms look to the forest, some of them looks to the lake. They upgraded my room with a fantastic view of the Lugano Lake.

The room was big enough and clean. Inside the hotel, there is spa center and a big closed pool. After seeing the Lugano town or shopping in Fox Town ( Outlet ) you can relax in there.

At night we did not go out for dinner because the road to the hotel may be scare. So we ate at the restaurant of the hotel which I believe we made a good choice. Prices are like usual restaurants of city center. But the dishes were big enough. And the presentation was just like a michelin star restaurants.

I want to go there again and relax there much more days.

I suggest this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Selduran
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Just came back from a short stay - girls weekend. This was my third stay at Hotel Serpiano, and just like the other times, it was GREAT! I shall return again and again. Last September the weather was better than this time, and we did quite a lot of hiking in the area, directly from the hotel. Monte San Giorgio is an excellent place for hiking with wonderful views over the lake and surrounding mountains. This time it was too chilly for that, so we just enjoyed the hotel facilities: lovely pool, comfortable rooms and EXCELLENT restaurant. The food was really far-star!!! Delicious, innovative, creative. The service is also outstanding. The very amiable manager stopped by our table at dinner and breakfast to make sure we were happy and comfortable. Although it was too cold to eat outside, we oohed and aahed at the stunning views from the terrace and hotel rooms. There can't be a better view in the world!

Our only surprise was that there were so few people. Personally, I think the management should advertise more in the French part of Switzerland (and subscribe to a French language newspaper for their guests to enjoy at breakfast!) and in English-speaking countries. For the moment it is still a fairly well-kept secret that has mainly Italian-and German-speaking guests.

I'll be going back! That's for sure!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ateach52
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I spent a relaxing weekend in Hotel Serpiano with Spa and Wellness treatments. Very good food and wine at the restaurant and we spent a beautiful evening drinking wine on the terrace overlooking the fantastic view.

The room was very clean and all the staff really friendly.

I will come back soon and recommend the Serpiano Hotel to my family and friends

Davide from Milan

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Perched high on a hill, right above Lake Lugano, hence offering a spectacular view. This is a great place if you want to find a remote place to spend some quiet, peaceful time. You can hike around, enjoy the fresh air and the spa facilities. One unavoidable downside for such a place is that it isn't so convenient to get to, though a public bus takes you here right to the door steps, otherwise driving is probably the easiest. The room that i stayed in was clean, comfortable and overlooked the woods. Would certainly return to stay if I was in the vicinity again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Beautiful and quiet place above the Lugano lake, with spa, pool and sauna. Magnificent view, tranquillity and peace. Worth considering.

I have chosen the place because I intended to go shopping in an outlet in nearby Mendrisio. Those who arrive by car would definitely find the place charming and convenient. Place is hard to find though, especially at night. Do have a map or GPS handy!

Still, as I went alone, and booked the single room, I was little bit surprised by the fact that the bed in my room was actually - "single". Could be wider, I guess. But the room itself was generously large, and the view was fantastic.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo