“Warm and welcoming”
Review of Jungfrau Hotel

Jungfrau Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Wilderswil
Reviewed 7 April 2013

My review should start before my trip. I had read some excellent reviews on trip advisor and had contacted the staff via email on MULTIPLE occasions. EACH time I was given prompt, pleasant and detailed feedback from the staff.

All communication was in English.

I stayed here for 2 nights in March 2013.

First off I had a mishap with my connecting train and only got in at about 9:00pm, so I was cold and extremely tired from a day of travelling ( around Switzerland after a conference).

What a delight to have a receptive staff! I was met by Evelyn who was so warm and helpful.
She got me all set with passwords to access their Wifi/Adsl for my ipad and phone.

They also offer a card which allows free transport on the local train and buses.

They have many maps with information and bus and train routes as well.

The breakfast is included and has a good spread or breads, cold meats, cheeses, cereals, muesli, jams and butter. Along with juices.
The hotel is in view of a snow capped mountain which is beautiful. This view is fantastic

The dinner was also well prepared, I had a cordon bleu. Courteous staff and I had to check out early the next morning (6:40am), so they arranged for a breakfast box to be prepared for me.

The only real drawback was that the room is very small and the bed a single and small. But the bed was comfortable, the water nice and hot. And the place looks like it is well cared for by the staff/family that runs it.

I would recommend it again and again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kellie A
There are newer reviews for Jungfrau Hotel

Reviewed 4 April 2013

I stayed here 4 days/3 nights with my wife and 2 kids (8 and 5). We had a family room with a balcony overlooking a most amazing 180 degree view of the Jungfrau Mountains! To say it was breathtaking is probably a disservice. The kids loved the bunk beds and although the room was nothing over the top, it had everything we needed in a clean and functional fashion. What sets them apart was the service. Granted April is an off peak time, they were extremely helpful, always courteous, and never made us feel uncomfortable for not speaking German. The restaurant was wonderful with equally hospitable staff. My only knock would be the cost of the main dishes, however it is par for the course in Switzerland. Definitely will stay here again!

P.S. the Barely Soup is to die for!

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Daddytourguide
Reviewed 26 February 2013

cosy hotel, friendly and helpful staff, the food was just lovely- we tried different sorts and all been very tasty although breakfast didn't have a good variety of food but all was fresh and made a good start for the day.
great location, interlaken easy to reach by train and the hotel gives free train/bus tickets .

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank travelerHull_uk
Reviewed 14 November 2012

We had a lovely stay here (3 nights in total) it was well worth paying a little extra than the place up the road (with the swimming pool thats not open) and all the bad reviews of people getting charge extra for turning up late- but not here, Jungfrau Hotel was a small n friendly place up a quite side street 2 min walk from the station, it was a great location for us as we were doing the tour of the Jungfrau so we stayed here at the start and the finish catching the trains. we asked if we could leave a bag and ended up leave two and it wasnt a problem they didnt even charge. The best thing about the hotel is definetly the service. It really feels like the staff are happy to serve and help and nothing is too much trouble. The breakfast was excellent - as much as you like n you could even asked for eggs the way you want them cooked and the main guy (cant remember his name but he deserved a special mention stefeno or something?) in the restaurant was great, always smiling and making us and our lad feel welcome. Evening meal was good too. The ladies in reception were most helpful too. Theres nothing worse than when you go abroad n you didnt speak the language and staff are snooty to you and unhelpful but not here they made us feel at home and the guy in the restaurant waved to us thru the window when we left...we felt sad to go. Lovely place!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a balcony especially if u have boots bit more room n they seem to be bigger
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jonathan423
Reviewed 8 November 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Jungfrau Hotel. The rooms are small, yes, but everything was neat and clean. The beds were very comfortable and the view from our room was spectacular. I enjoyed being away from the bustle of Interlaken. The train is a 5 minute walk. Breakfast was very good - lots of choices and fresh. You can also get eggs cooked to order. Restaurant was expensive but so is every other restaurant in Interlaken. Food was very good. Staff extremely helpful and very nice.

Room Tip: Top floor will be the most quiet. There is a lot of noise from upstairs rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MadisonChickadee
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Tucked away from the touristy crowd of Interlaken, Jungfrau Hotel in Wilderswil is a hidden gem. Situated 5 mins train ride away from Interlaken, at the base of the Eiger, Monch & Jungfrau mountains, this was by far the best choice we made in our entire Europe trip. They have a lot going for them: great location, beautiful unobstructed views of the Jungfrau mountain, spacious and comfortable rooms, clean bathrooms, good restaurant and the best of all the most warm & friendly staff ever. They made sure that our stay was perfect. We haven't seen such warm hospitality even in 5* hotels. Kudos to them, keep up the good work!

They really deserve the 5 ratings most reviewers have been giving them.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with a balcony, these have an awesome view of the Jungfrau mountain. Simply Superb...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Prash_d
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I felt so lucky to find this place that I need to share it with the world. Soon after I booked it, I got an email confirmation from the reception and they answered to all the questions I had about the rooms and Interlaken in general. Upon arrival, we were delighted with our family room. It had a large balcony with views to the mountains. My parents were also very happy with their room. The staff were all incredibly friendly and helpful, they made us feel welcomed. Breakfast was pretty good. The train station is a few minutes walk away, one stop to one side to Interlaken, the other way to the mountains. Parking was free and we drove everywhere. I loved the location, it's very quiet and scenic, cows grazing nearby, so all very Swiss. I very much hope to return to Interlaken and I know where I will be staying.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank PopPrincesa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilderswil
Hotel Beausite
Hotel Roessli
Hotel Roessli
#2 of 8 in Unterseen
Hotel-Restaurant Alpenblick

Been to Jungfrau Hotel? Share your experiences!