After a rather fraught couple of days on a boat (don't ask) we abandoned ship and sought refuge in local B&Bs. Came across Dairy Barns in the Norfolk rag "Broadcaster" and luckily for us they has a room free for that evening.
What a cracking find. A wonderful warm welcome, mini tour and offer of tea,coffee and scones, with cream and jam of course, in the lounge. Our room had a huge bed with lush duvet and my son described his put you up bed as the most comfortable of the sort ever. The bathroom was huge with a powerful shower that almost blasted us off our feet.
A great night's sleep followed by a hearty breakfast before we trundled off to see friends on the north Norfolk cost.
While this may not have been our intended destination on this trip it was fantastic and I thoroughly recommend Dairy Barns to anyone wanting a lovely location, warm welcome, comfort and good food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dairy Barns was awarded best bed and breakfast in the East of England and is based on a working farm. We are only five minutes from both the beauty of the Norfolk Broads and Sandy Beaches of the coast. Accommodation is in a self-contained barn conversion. Each room is on ground floor level and offers excellent en-suite facilities and extremely comfortable super king or twin beds. Our suites are something extra special each very spacious with fabulous bedrooms and bathrooms,lounge area and private garden. Off-road undercover parking available. 3 cosy country cottages are also available on the farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Dairy Barns Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dairy Barns Hotel Hickling
- Dairy Barns Bed And Breakfast
- Dairy Barns Bed & Breakfast Hickling, Norfolk