Open today: 07:00 - 21:00
Review Highlights
Master Teacher Makes Riding Fun

My son-in-law had his first riding lesson while I, a former experienced rider, looked on. Brian is... read more

Reviewed 30 September 2020
Maggie L
Kent
Amazing.

Brian was so very cheery and welcoming when we arrived for our horse riding lessons at his stables... read more

Reviewed 3 September 2020
pop281
London, United Kingdom

All reviews riding lessons trotting teaching pony reins larry stables instructor session norfolk
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 April 2019

Whilst spending a week in Norfolk, we met Brian in the local pub and got chatting. Always wanted to try horse riding and Brian gave me the confidence to do it. Talked to me as we walked around the paddock so I could get a feel for being on horseback and really put me at ease. By the end of 30mins, I was holding the reins and doing a gentle trot. Who would have thought it.
A few days later, my husband also had a lesson as it had been many years since he had ridden. Regained confidence and we will both be having further lessons when we get home. I just hope we find another Brian

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed 25 September 2017

I've been having riding lessons with Brian on and off for 3 years.
I'd ridden a little bit before that, but had had a few bad experiences and scary moments.
The horses are all loved and cared for, and the stables are always immaculate.
Brian is a great teacher. He is patient, funny and not afraid to tell me off (in a nice way, and sometimes I need it).
The biggest thing that's changed in my riding is my confidence and that's all down to Brian.
If you're thinking about a lesson for yourself or your child, just book one. You won't be sorry.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 24 August 2017

This is a small riding school set in a lovely village in Norfolk near Hickling Broad and Brian Marquis has to be the best small person's riding instructor I've ever come across.
Brian is a primary school teaching assistant/ex-jockey (these are hard to come by) who runs his own riding school. Everything is well managed, neat and organised and the horses are clearly well loved and cared for. My 5 year old daughter can be shy when she first meets people but Brian was just brilliant and she seemed completely comfortable and at ease from the moment the lesson started. For the entire half an hour, she grinned and sat confidently on the pony listening to everything Brian said and repeating commands to the horse. He used phonics to help her identify the letters around the paddock and he was so good at making the lesson age appropriate that I desperately wish we lived nearer.
Some people have a knack with children and Brian was definitely one of those. I whole heartedly recommend Brian's riding school in Hickling for any small person right up to 11 years old, Brian is probably also brilliant at teaching older kids/adults too but I can't comment on that. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to book myself in for a lesson or a hack if we return to that part of the world. Thank you Brian.

Date of experience: August 2017