“Unacceptably Rude”
Review of Sauble Beach Lodge

Sauble Beach Lodge
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Sauble Beach
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I have never written a review before, but the way the woman at the front desk spoke to my mother, a senior, is inexcusable. Due to this experience I have decided to share not only this problem, but all of the other small problems that added to the upsetting experience.

My mother and I came to Sauble beach to visit my sister and her family who rented a cabin for two weeks.We chose this motel for the price, as we were only staying for 2 nights, we didn't feel we needed an especially nice place to stay. We called the morning before arriving and booked one night.

When we arrived we found the motel was further from my sister's cabin then we had hoped, we wanted to change to one on the main street but chose to look at the room first in case it was worthwhile to stay, it was not.

We told the woman the the front desk that we were not going to take the room, at which point she told my mother that they have a 14 day cancellation fee, and that we will be charged the full price of the room.

This of course was frustrating as we were not aware that booking the room would result in being forced to pay for it whether we used it or not.

All of our attempts to negotiate were responded to extremely rudely. She spoke to me rudely, but she also spoke rudely to my mother, a senior, who had not said anything deserving of such an attitude.

We realized at this point that we had to stay there since we were being forced to pay for the room anyways.

I asked if there was an elevator, as the room was on the third floor and my mother and I both had large suitcases. To which I was told we should have asked for a room on the first floor when booking. Apparently I was supposed to know, without being told, that our room was 3 flights up and there was no elevator. This is after my mom requested a senior discount while booking. I clearly remember booking in a motel in the past and being advised about stairs. Either way she did not need to be rude about it once again.

She ended up sending her son to help me with the bags.

The Room
It was fine, two double beds, big flat screen TV, big windows and mini fridge.
But there was NO closet, VERY small bathroom. (Not ideal for long term stays)
The bed sheets seemed to be recently cleaned BUT I found some old stains on the sides and many long dark hairs in the room (Not ours grey and blond).
There were multiple spots of black mold in the shower (picture), on the wall and ceiling. Only small spots, a simple cleaning would help.
So overall the room had been cleaned but to very low standards.
The window was also broken, one of the panes was left on the floor behind the fridge.

The staircase and hallway had a very foul odor, almost similar to a smell of sewage.

Needless to say, we switched to a different motel the next morning. My mother didn't even want to go the the front desk to check out.

When you're looking for a clean and friendly place to stay, do not come here.
Positive: Very close to the beach, and away from the busy main street.

10  Thank RebNu
Saublebeachlodge, Manager at Sauble Beach Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

This review is either put by a competitor or a Ex employee. Those picture are not from our property our windows are white not brown and we always take extra care of all the seniors. We do have four family suite on the main floor that we always keep for seniors we always rent them at the end. Who ever you are please do not mislead the public. This website is benefit of tourists so lets not misuse it. We did contact the trip advisor as well. Thanks Jas Grewal

There are newer reviews for Sauble Beach Lodge

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We had a family reunion and we had a great time. We rented regular rooms, we had suites and we also had cabins. They were all clean well kept. The staff was amazing and very helpful. The cabins had firepit and we were able to use the space around the cabins for all our fun activities. The lodge is literally 2 mins from the beach. You can continue to have fun at the beach and come back to lodge for refreshments. Lodge also has good size pool. When we were not at the beach, we were at the pool and had loads of fun.

Room Tip: Suites are the best value for your dollar...
1  Thank Parminder S
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Love the location, the service, the cabins and the overall experiance. Loved how the cabin area had so much space with a fire pit! Great for bonding with friends and family, and the beach is legitimately 3 min away which is just amazing! Had a great time, thanks Jass you will see me again next year!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank HarpreetSingh12
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Everything was very wonderful, Jassy is very nice and she made our experience comfortable and relaxing. We didn't have to worry about a thing, the owners took care of everything, very clean motel room and the pool is great. great family experience, close to the beach and the main strip. Everything is very well taken care of and if you need anything it comes right away. Our family of 6 fit very well in the enormous 2 bed room. Great service, would recommend. - Gloria, Camilo & family.

1  Thank Gl0ria123
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We went to Sauble beach and started to look for a place to stay we came across this location I went in and asked if they had any room and they did. This place is located with in steps of the beach and let me tell you the beach is fabulous. The owners of the Sauble Beach Lode are great people and the rooms are a great value you can get a room with a full size fridge and stove that sleeps 6 for a great price. If you ever go to Sauble beach and need a place to stay go and see Jas at this location you will be glad you did

Room Tip: Get the larger rooms with the bedroom well worth it
Reviewed 17 August 2013

me and my family spend a last weekend at sauble lodge it was very nice clean place very friendly staff good customer service, very clean rooms, nice heated pool,sauna and hot tub we will love to go back again .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Saublebeachlodge, Manager at Sauble Beach Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback! We sincerely appreciate your comments and are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to accommodating you again in the future. Regards, Jas Grewal

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Just coming back from the Sauble Beach Lodge, We were questionable because some of the previous reviews, however we were surprised at our arrival. The staff was very understanding and friendly. Our suite was nice and clean. The weather was a little cold, but we had fun at the pool. We were provided with barbeques, and a friendly atmosphere. Would recommend it to anybody that likes water and a nice walk on the beach. Also it is very close to the beach.

Room Tip: Try to book a room above the office, to get a view of the beach.
1  Thank Harkanwal M

Thank you for your comments! We sincerely appreciate all your feedback. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to accommodating you in the future. Regards, Jas Grewal

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sauble Beach
Best Western Inn On The Bay
#1 of 10 in Owen Sound
Kit Wat Motel Restaurant & Marina
Bel-Air Motel & Cottages Sauble Beach

Been to Sauble Beach Lodge? Share your experiences!