My husband and I booked in here because of the rave reviews on Trip Advisor and to be honest we were disapointed. At $140 a night you expect a certain standard, heck you can get a cottage right on the beach for less. The view of the river was lovely, and the walk to the beach a scant 5 minutes, both of which are nice features. However this is not the clear water part of the beach. Proximity to the river means you are dealing with weeds and floating scum.
It is definitey clean as promised but the decor is way over due for an overhaul, it was like sleeping inside a 1970s station wagon with bad fake wood on the walls, and a bed that has my back aching. The walls are paper thin and we were woken up by the TV in the next room at 4am, then again at 5 because it was swelteringly hot. Both our AC and fan had stopped working and no one was answering the phone. We left a message and waited for them to reset the breaker an hour later. We had to call from our cell phones as there is no phone in the room.
The staff are friendly but the waitresses are not the best, and the restaurant is not for the health conscious. With only one salad on the menu and a shortage of fresh veggies my hubbie and I quickly found greener pastures (pardon the pun), canned mushrooms two mornings in a row was just too much to bear.
If I had paid motel prices for the room I wouldn't complain, but for the price, rent a cottage or a trailer, you'll sleep better and your wallet will thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are the only marina motel restaurant on the water in Sauble Beach and offer a fully licensed waterfront patio and restaurant. Our Restaurant is open 8 am - 8 pm all summer and open 8 am - 2 pm off season weekends. We offer breakfast, lunch and dinners. We are just a 5 min. Walk to the beach and offer free parking onsite, fire pits, BBQ's, free unlimited usage of our canoes & kayaks and fishing from your doorstep. We offer air, heat, cable TV, fridges in all of our rooms. Efficiency units and free wifi onsite. We look forward to your visit! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Kit Wat Motel Restaurant & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kit Wat Motel Restaurant & Marina Hotel Sauble Beach
- Kit Wat Motel Restaurant And Marina