“Absolutely, wonderful!!!!”

Lakeview Motel & Cottages
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Sauble Beach
Reviewed 3 July 2012

It began with the initial phone call. Gayle was absolutely wonderful to speak to. She was pleasant and informative. I didn't have to ask a question she advised me of the rules and regulations and any events taking place around the area.
I saw some previous pictures taken of the motel and it seemed oldish but when I got there it was immaculate. They were renovated some time last year. One thing I regret, was forgetting my camera. I would have loved to post some pictures of the rooms and clean bathrooms and immaculate grounds just to prove to all how beautiful it was.
Gayle and Randy are such great people to speak to and were very polite. The bbq's were great in the back along with the fire pit and the play area was well kept. My son enjoyed the heated pool mostly.....very clean!!!!! Although, they had othe activities readily available he enjoyed the pool.
I loved the fact that it was family oriented and quiet. It was very busy around the beach area with young people which was fine but had a low tolerance for it so going back to such a relaxing motel was fantastic.
The day of my leaving, they rushed out to say good bye and to hope to ssee us soon which made it feel very homey. Even if the grounds weren't kept well (which they were), I would go back just because they made me feel like family.

My son and I were gone for 30 mins and he asked when we were going back because he absolutely loved it!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 July 2012

This has been our 2nd time here and every time we come back it's even better!!! Gail and Randy are very friendly and welcoming. This is the perfect location for families and for relaxation. The motel and cottages are nice and quiet... pool and hot tub is cute and clean. Definitely walking distance to the beach which is really convenient. We love Sauble Beach and it's beautiful water and sunsets - we'll be returning!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I had an awesome stay at the Lakeview Motel in Sauble Beach! Randy and Gail Porter made our visit for the weekend a warm and welcoming one. We had a family reunion of sorts and rented up most of the motel for our family. Each room was clean and welcoming, every person was greeted and helped constantly through out the weekend by the Porter's. I can not recommend this Motel by the beach strongly enough. Just a spectacular place, excellent hospitality, great pool, BBQ's, fire pit, hot tub and walking distance to anything and everything you could imagine! Awesome time was had by all...big huge thank you to Randy and Gail...you guys are AWSOME! We will be back!! :)

Room Tip: There are either intimate rooms for singles or couples. I stayed in a cottage with another couple...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank genevieve_delaney
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I highly recommend Lakeview Motel and Cottages. While in Sauble Beach, it’s the place to stay...you will not be disappointed!

My two sisters and I recently hosted a family event there, and on a scale of 1 - 10, the experience was a 10 plus! The owners; Randy and Gail, were incredibly gracious and helpful. We were approached several times over the course of our two day stay to ensure we had everything we needed. And if we didn’t...Randy and Gail went above and beyond the “call of duty” to get us what we needed...even providing us with their own personal house wares!

My sister dropped an earring under one of the rooms’ patios. Randy did not hesitate, even at our insistence not to bother...out came the tools and up came the boards! Like I said...above and beyond!

The rooms and cottages are clean, warm and inviting, it felt like home! The “back yard” area is stunning and private! Surrounded by tall, beautiful trees, BBQ’s with picnic tables, horseshoe pit, badminton net, bonfire pit, heated pool with hot tub, playground for the kids and more than enough space for everyone to enjoy!....couldn’t ask for more! It was absolutely perfect!

The location couldn’t be more convenient! Absolutely everything is within a short walk; bank, grocery store, restaurants, liquor store, shops...you name it! And it’s a six minute walk to Ontario’s favorite beach. The sunsets are breathtaking!

All in all...when in Sauble Beach, I wouldn’t consider any other place but Randy and Gail’s Lakeview Motel and Cottages!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Q-Kid
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I am dumb founded to read the negative comments that have been posted about Lakeview Motel and Cottages. I have been staying at Lakeview Motel & Cottages for the past 25 years, on average of 5 to 6 times per season. I am a single woman that travels here and would not stay if I did not feel safe and secure. I have stayed in both the motel unit and the cottages and have had nothing but the most amazing service, cleanliness and helpfulness throughout my entire stay.

The owners of Lakeview Motel and Cottages have always gone out of their way to accommodate and meet any needs that I might have.

I have recommended Lakeview Motel and Cottages to several of my friends and colleagues, and will continue to do so.

I look forward to returning year after year, and regret leaving every time that I have to come home.

For honest reviews from people who have stayed at Lakeview, read the guestbook on their website.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Karen G
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Just had to drop a line to say thanks to Randy and Gail who always make us feel like we are coming home for the weekend.

My friend and I usually stay in the Motel part.(They also have cottages available.) Love that it is right across from the Bank and the grocery store and a 6 minute walk to the beach!
The rooms are clean and cozy. The pool is always spotless and their "backyard" is fully equipped with barbecues and badminton nets. Even a play set for kids. How can you not feel at home here?!
Have stayed here twice and plan on returning to Sauble and the Lakeview every summer. I've finally found my summer spot!
Thanks again to Randy and Gail!:)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank DanceDumpling
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I find the negative comments about Lakeview totally ridiculous. I have been staying here for years and have experienced absolutely nothing but amazing service, cleanliness and positivity every time. The owners of the Lakeview are accommodating, friendly, hard working and a pleasure to chat with. Every time I have stayed here it's like coming home.

I love Sauble Beach in general, but part of the draw is staying at The Lakeview. I laugh when I read the negative comments and think to myself that these people never stayed here, or they just wanted to cause trouble for fun.

I absolutely wouldn't stay anywhere else. I have brought different people with me every time and each one has vowed to return. If that doesn't speak to good service, then I don't know what does.

Stay here! Trust me.

Best Western Inn On The Bay
#1 of 10 in Owen Sound
Bel-Air Motel & Cottages Sauble Beach
Kit Wat Motel Restaurant & Marina

Been to Lakeview Motel & Cottages? Share your experiences!