“Settlers homestead area/power damm & saw mill ruins”

Sauble Falls Provincial Park
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great location for wedding or family pictures, swimming / sliding of the rocks. A great place for fishing. Canoe rental is available

1  Thank JuneandFrankStolp
"paid parking"
"high season"
"cleaned regularly"

Reviewed 3 October 2013

For a week-end fall getaway we found it excellent. Few campers around giving us a choice of open but reasonable sites. Would not want to use this Provincial Park during peak season. The falls kept us interested for several hours, due to the trout trying to jump up the falls to spawn and the fishermen taking in a haul of good sized Salmon. I wouldn't pay $14 for the day to see it if I was traveling through, but would stop and pay $5 for 2 hours at the right time of year. The colours of the leaves were fantastic and the short walks both sides of the river were relaxing. You would need "wet footwear" if you decided to climb around on the falls as it can be very slippery.

4  Thank BB Carmen J
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I am not a picky person but could not believe this campground! it was the noisiest campground I have ever visited. The sites are not private at all and you could see and hear your neighbours. There was a lot of garbage around and a site near us let off fireworks around 11pm and the rangers didn't do anything about it. I'm not a party pooper but sparks were hitting the trees and we were worried about our canopy catching flame. The falls were beautiful but I would only visit , not stay. I went swimming in the falls and walked the trail. I will never camp there again.

6  Thank BIZGIRL2369
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We went just to see the falls (we didn't stay overnight in the provincial park). There were two different ways to park. You could enter the park for $14 for a day or just cross over the bridge to a parking lot where you can just pay about $5.50 for 2 hours. There were two toilets in the parking lot. They were the usual that you get at provincial parks (non flushing).

Wear water shoes. The rocks are slippery. A bunch of people were jumping off a waterfall into the water (about a 2 m drop). The youngest jumper looked to be about 5 or 6 years old (very brave little girl). Several older kids and teens and adults jumping too. When we got there some of the teens seemed to know where to jump safely (not onto rocks) and they guided the rest of us.

I would not bring little kids here to play in the water. The current could knock a little kid off their feet. A one hour visit here is plenty.

7  Thank Pinhead499286
See more reviews
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The Sauble Falls were ok, but not fantastic by any means. The cost to park and view them varies on how long you want to be there. All day is around $14 and for a couple of hours about $5. You definitely do not need to be there all day as it can get actually boring after just an hour. We went there because we were in the area but if we had missed it I would not have felt I really missed anything. Stay at the beach and enjoy it longer instead of going to the falls.

3  Thank 64ontario