“Close Campsites”

41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Close Campsites”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The campsites are really close together, and the site has a party vibe, so if you're looking for quiet this is not the place for you. At night, you hear people partying and in the bright and early morning you hear children crying. With all the fees, the site (with no power) ended up costing my husband and myself $50 which is quite pricey. Sauble Falls are beautiful, and this is definitely worth seeing. I don't think I'll be returning for camping ever, but the falls are worth coming back for.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank deschweizify

British Columbia, Canada
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 166 helpful votes
“Know what you're getting into!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Personally I love this place but I also don't go here and expect solitude. Know what you're getting into when coming here and your vacation will be easier.

This is not a place to camp at for peace and quiet or for space and privacy as it's the complete opposite of all that.

People come here with their friends, families and so forth as an alternative to hotels. It's a beach destination and as with most ontario beach destinations they attract people who are here to have fun!

The sites are small and not private but most people who know this don't come here for that. Especially since most escape during the day to the shores of Sauble Beach so during the day there isn't a whole lot going on in the park.

At night people and kids flood the park with excitement and stories they share of their day and the evening sky is replaced with lots of smoke from camp fires and the sounds of toads croaking till all hours of the evening. It's a busy camping spot and know this going in is important or else you will have a miserable stay here.

It doesn't matter which side of the park you stay in as both sides are equally as noisy, but I found the side to the right (off the main road and outside the main gates) is much less crazy than the main park.

Aside from the crazy if you can handle it, is a short drive to Sauble Beach's downtown core.

We enjoy having coffee at two chicks cafe and sitting on the beaches. There's lots to see do and eat downtown. Parking can be crazy at times but the public parking vs the native parking is more affordable (beach parking) as the public parking lowers their price as the day ends, where as the other guys sets their price whether its day or night and sun or clouds. The main benefit of the native side is you can light fireworks, but when you're ready to do that you can pay a smaller price to walk on the beach to light fireworks.

11 Thank ihatesushi
Sauble Beach, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Settlers homestead area/power damm & saw mill ruins”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great location for wedding or family pictures, swimming / sliding of the rocks. A great place for fishing. Canoe rental is available

Visited July 2013
1 Thank JuneandFrankStolp
Burlington, Canada
90 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Fall Getaway”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

For a week-end fall getaway we found it excellent. Few campers around giving us a choice of open but reasonable sites. Would not want to use this Provincial Park during peak season. The falls kept us interested for several hours, due to the trout trying to jump up the falls to spawn and the fishermen taking in a haul of good sized Salmon. I wouldn't pay $14 for the day to see it if I was traveling through, but would stop and pay $5 for 2 hours at the right time of year. The colours of the leaves were fantastic and the short walks both sides of the river were relaxing. You would need "wet footwear" if you decided to climb around on the falls as it can be very slippery.

Visited September 2013
4 Thank BB Carmen J
Orillia, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Only thing good is the view in the picture”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I am not a picky person but could not believe this campground! it was the noisiest campground I have ever visited. The sites are not private at all and you could see and hear your neighbours. There was a lot of garbage around and a site near us let off fireworks around 11pm and the rangers didn't do anything about it. I'm not a party pooper but sparks were hitting the trees and we were worried about our canopy catching flame. The falls were beautiful but I would only visit , not stay. I went swimming in the falls and walked the trail. I will never camp there again.

Visited August 2013