We have been coming here for several years now and it has never let us down. We bring visitors confident of delicious food.
I'm glad there is waitress service now, and you don't have to go to the bar with your order, and that the daily specials are on a menu not just on the distant chalk board.
I think they do need someone to 'greet' though. i know to go the bar and announce myself. If it was my first visit I would feel uncomfortable and not feel very welcome.
Decor is refreshed and quietly elegant with a country feel, very tasteful.
The fish is very good. I had goujons of monkfish which were delicious (described misleadingly as monkfish tail scampi- I was expecting scampi on my plate) others had fish pie and pan fried smoked haddock and I had a superb dessert of praline glazed peanut butter ice cream with chocolate and caramel sauces. Quite exquisite. The whole meal was 5* Although I was busy talking to friends i shall remember what I ate. I can recommend.
service perhaps a little slow but we were happy to linger over our food
The cost was about £25 per headfor 2 courses including a beer and coffee
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crown Stoke by Nayland, was reopened in November 2003 after extensive refurbishment. The boutique Hotel which took twelve months to build was launched in September 2008. The Crown Stoke by Nayland, an historic privately owned village Inn has a reputation for making everyone feel welcome - without pretension - simply a passion for high standards, good service, food, wine and real ale. To complete the picture a boutique Hotel has been created - eleven stylish luxury en-suite bedrooms individually designed and furnished. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and Booking.com so you can book your The Crown, Stoke By Nayland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown Stoke By Nayland Hotel Stoke By Nayland
- The Crown, Stoke By Nayland Suffolk