We have lived near to the Crown for the past 20 years and have seen it grow from a third rate country pub to a destination food venue. Now however it would appear that it is living on past reputations. I visited with friends and my 11 year old. Our meal was £190 which was only two courses each, 5 beers and two very average bottles of wine. My son's steak (smallest ribeye I have ever seen) was overcooked and the fries didn't arrive until after he had finished ! We had to ask twice for tea and coffee and my liver comprised two of the thinnest slices you could find for £17. The location is fantastic and the atmoshere is always good but there are several other restaurants in the immediate area and you may want to try them instead if food is your driver.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crown Stoke by Nayland, was reopened in November 2003 after extensive refurbishment. The boutique Hotel which took twelve months to build was launched in September 2008. The Crown Stoke by Nayland, an historic privately owned village Inn has a reputation for making everyone feel welcome - without pretension - simply a passion for high standards, good service, food, wine and real ale. To complete the picture a boutique Hotel has been created - eleven stylish luxury en-suite bedrooms individually designed and furnished. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Crown, Stoke By Nayland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown Stoke By Nayland Hotel Stoke By Nayland
- The Crown, Stoke By Nayland Suffolk