Excellent pub and attached rooms. The food is great, fresh fish is a must and their haddock and chips is the dish my mother-in-law has every time. The food is beautifully presented and of an amazing quality, my roast beetroot and goats cheese salad was garnished with home-made poppy seed sticks and served with courgette chips. Others reported that the roast beef and steak was good and the cherry pavlova was a triumph.
The ground floor rooms have their own terraces looking out across the valley and sheep field, all very tranquil and peaceful. The bed was enormous, the bathroom modern and well equipped and a mini bar with welcome tea making facilities.
Our waitress was charming, and when we left we were keen to leave a tip for her but were told all tips are democratically divided up so that even the lady who irons the napkins gets something - full marks for that!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crown Stoke by Nayland, was reopened in November 2003 after extensive refurbishment. The boutique Hotel which took twelve months to build was launched in September 2008. The Crown Stoke by Nayland, an historic privately owned village Inn has a reputation for making everyone feel welcome - without pretension - simply a passion for high standards, good service, food, wine and real ale. To complete the picture a boutique Hotel has been created - eleven stylish luxury en-suite bedrooms individually designed and furnished. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Crown, Stoke By Nayland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crown Stoke By Nayland Hotel Stoke By Nayland
- The Crown, Stoke By Nayland Suffolk