The Crown, Stoke By Nayland(Stoke by Nayland)
US$190
Poplars Farmhouse B&B(Stoke by Nayland)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssunday lunchthe pubconstable countrypuddinglog fireroast beefexcellent foodfish and chipsbooked a tablemain coursean evening mealset menuwine listcomfortable bedbeautiful villagecooked to perfectionlovely room
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We stayed at the Angel Inn for one night for my husbands birthday. All I can say is that everything was fantastic from the staff, our room and the delicious food. I also booked for afternoon tea, as a treat for my husband and it was amazing. The area is just one of pure beauty and I would not hesitate in staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PETE49
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I stayed here for the night before and the night of my wedding. The staff were lovely and very helpful. The room's were clean and there was a great atmosphere at the hotel. At breakfast they let us order more than one course and kept bringing out more and more food for our group of 10. The water pressure of the shower was poor, so we had baths instead. A very happy experience and would definitely return.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 5 and it was the best!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PenguinCannon
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We have eaten at the Angel at least 7 or 8 times and love the food and so decided to stay for one night after our wedding. I contacted the inn and they arranged a special Dinner, Bed and Breakfast deal for £160 for one night in a superior room. We were allocated room 5 which looked over the courtyard and carpark. The room was lovely but smaller than I expected and had a beam across the entire room that was so low my husband had to keep ducking. Plus the bathroom needs some attention too.

Dinner and breakfast were fantastic but unfortunately the bar got very noisy after 10pm and we could hear everything which not only disturbed our quiet evening in our room but prevented me from being able to go to sleep.

Quite disappointed actually for the price we paid for only one night.

But i will say staff were very helpful and friendly so cant fault them.

Room Tip: Room 5 dark and low beams, plus noisy
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Went here today with my partner for lunch we had the fixed priced we had 2 courses for 13-95. Very good. First course very nice but my partners egg was abit under cook. Second course was really lovely. Would go again very good.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Taken for a birthday lunch by family.. Meal was good, surroundings very pleasant. Service reasonably quick and efficient. Only visited for a meal and not to stay overnight. The hotel looked to be well run and clean. Would not mind staying there.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family