We stayed for 3 nights in this beautiful old inn in Autumn 2013. The staff were excellent throughout, welcoming, courteous, helpful; nothing was too much trouble. Our superior double room was spacious, clean,comfortable and tastefully furnished. Breakfast and dinner menus offered a good range of meals for all tastes and all of the food that we chose was superb. The Angel inn is a combination of local pub and small hotel in a quintessential English village with village street, church, post office, thatched and timber framed period houses. A perfect base from which to explore the lovely countryside, towns and coastline of Suffolk.A great place to stay to relax and escape temporarily from the hustle and bustle of the 21st century into an altogether more peaceful and tranquil way of life that had seemingly been lost forever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Packed full of character, AA have awarded The Angel Inn with 5 stars and a Great British Breakfast Award as well as an AA Rosette for its fine dining. It is a traditional Grade II 16th Century Suffolk coaching inn with open fires, original brickwork and oak beams. It is a typical "Old English" country pub restaurant downstairs offering fantastic food in a stunning setting with six beautifully styled boutique bedrooms, all set in the heart of Constable country. Within easy reach of Colchester and Ipswich via the A12 which is a 5 minute drive. It is owned by Exclusive Inns who also own The Anchor at Nayland and also the Swan Inn at Monks Eleigh. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Book Direct Rooms, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and LateRooms so you can book your The Angel Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Angel Hotel Stoke By Nayland
- Angel Inn
- The Angel Inn Stoke By Nayland, Suffolk