“Tough one for me This Review”
Review of The Angel Inn

The Angel Inn
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Tough one for me This Review”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Its a tough one for me to review this, as I stay here every month. If I leave a really good review, will that possibly impact on my ability to stay here in the future, or do I leave a really bad review to try and assist with my selfish wish to be able to always get in. No that would not be fair, and besides they would know it was me. So here we go. Evening meal Excellent, OK so sometimes they change some of the side bits and its not quite as nice as the previous month, but its still very nice. Lovely roaring fire in the winter (well when I look after it, it is roaring). Probably the main reason I go back month after month is the staff, who are so friendly and welcoming, nothing is too much trouble for them. Rooms are rubbish though (Just kidding, But I gotta say something that will mean I can get in with no trouble next month)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jon G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Suffolk
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I decided to surprise my husband with an overnight stay here on 8/2/14 I told him we was just having dinner but when we arrived I surprised him that we were staying the night so we could both have a few drinks and a well deserved child free night!
Upon entering, the bar and restaurant area had a lovely atmosphere and the staff were really friendly and the service was impeccable. The food was just amazing, couldn't fault it at all, we thoroughly enjoyed every bite.
The room was lovely and the bed was so comfortable I would defo say its more comfortable than my own bed at home!! The room had decent blinds and black out curtains so when we woke at 6am (usual wake up call by the kids) the room was still very dark so we managed to drift back off until 8am. We went down to breakfast at 9am and was greeted by one of the lovely staff members from the night before, the food again was amazing and nothing was too much trouble.
All in all I would give 10 out of 10 for this establishment, we had an amazing meal and stay and cannot wait until the mother in law offers to have the kids overnight again so as we can take advantage of another nights stay here.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sam221976
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We had an unexpected funeral and stayed at the Angel Inn. The staff were very warm and friendly, the accommodation was superb. Food was lovely. We all feel very cheated that us as a family do not live closer.

Room Tip: We had three rooms and could not fault any all superb.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mandy C
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Another trip to the Angel, another friendly warm welcome, convivial atmosphere and great food. It was a lovely pate; a marvellous bit of roast beef and yorkshire pud with side order of parsnips, carrots, roast spuds and brussels. The desert options were DIY - sweet or cheese (or both). great selection and with a bottle of wine, just a great time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Felixstowe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Fantastic Pre Christmas Lunch. Excellent food. Lovely location in the Well Room. And the service was superb. Our party was 14 adults and 6 children (3 in high chairs) and nothing was too much trouble. Cannot recommend this venue highly enough.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Ginny-D37
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Just enjoyed another short break at the Angel. This time a party of six of us and we had a fantastic time. Staff as always amazing, food fantastic and the whole place tastefully decorated for the Christmas festivities. We love this place, thank you for making our weekends away from home so special. Merry Christmas to you all, see in in 4 weeks:) The Collier Family.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank afallon
Competa, Spain
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights with breakfast and dinner. Room excellent and staff very friendly and most helpful. Food vety well prepared and presented. Excellent menu. The management have got this place spot on - will certainly be voming back !!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Hintlesham
Prested Hall Hotel
Prested Hall Hotel
#1 of 3 in Feering

Been to The Angel Inn? Share your experiences!