I stay here every month with work, for at least one night, its not particularly handy for the route I have, but its worth the diversion just to stay here. The rooms are tastefully decorated and as reasonably well appointed as you could expect given the age of the building. The staff very friendly and welcoming and the food extremely good including the breakfast which is all fresh and cooked to order, with lovely proper bread for toast. I stay in lovely hotels all over the country, but some I look forward to returning to more than the others, and the Angel Inn is one of those.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Packed full of character, AA have awarded The Angel Inn with 5 stars and a Great British Breakfast Award as well as an AA Rosette for its fine dining. It is a traditional Grade II 16th Century Suffolk coaching inn with open fires, original brickwork and oak beams. It is a typical "Old English" country pub restaurant downstairs offering fantastic food in a stunning setting with six beautifully styled boutique bedrooms, all set in the heart of Constable country. Within easy reach of Colchester and Ipswich via the A12 which is a 5 minute drive. It is owned by Exclusive Inns who also own The Anchor at Nayland and also the Swan Inn at Monks Eleigh. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Book Direct Rooms, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, LateRooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Angel Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Angel Hotel Stoke By Nayland
- Angel Inn
- The Angel Inn Stoke By Nayland, Suffolk