“Great find in a good location”
Review of The Langford Inn

The Langford Inn
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Great find in a good location”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We made a late booking as a family of four and were given the family room which doubles as a disabled room. The room was lovely and well designed and well decorated. Slightly odd to use a big wetroom designed for the disabled but very spacious, clean and comfortable. A double bed was up stairs on a mezzanine landing above the ground floor with two single beds. We opted to put the children in the double bed above us which they loved but you could hear every move and their TV clashed a bit with ours! Still, we weren't there to watch TV and we got a good night's sleep. This really would be an excellent room if you were needing to listen out for someone through the night. This Inn struck me because of how good the food is. For a small place like this to have someone who knows how to cook meats properly and do fresh chips was a real surprise and we all thoroughly enjoyed our meals. The courtyard garden was a nice area for children to move off to as it was safe and secluded away from the nearby road. It was very central to a huge number of attractions and the airport yet away in the countryside - very nice. I remember something odd about the tea / coffee though not sure what now! It seems to be a habit that some places are only providing coffee and not tea bags these days which is odd - I can't drink coffee at all. So just check that you have got tea bags and enough milk each time they do the room.

Room Tip: First class apartment that can sleep 4 if you have anyone that is disabled and very accommodating as...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Southend
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed here for two nights after Christmas, Friday and Saturday whilst visiting family. On first sight of the room was very pleased, however disappointed at only being provided with four small milks for the first day and morning. On the second day on our return at about 10.20pm discovered we now only had two tea bags and when I went to the pub to find someone, it was already closed. We did manage to get some more tea and milk, and then on return to the room went into the bathroom and the towels from the morning had been taken away but only replaced with one set so we had to share a towel in the morning. The shower was fantastic, I could have sat under it all day and the bed was relatively comfortable. There was a light in the ceiling and other lights which were quite bright and on opening the blind a little discovered the windowsill was covered in dead flies and moths which must have been there for some time. If this was Four In A Bed would have been seriously downgraded. Wouldn't stop me staying here again but I would double check things.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patmag
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

We booked this because of the family room and price and liked the fact that's its a barn !!! stayed for 2 nights 29/30th nov . there was 5 of us which was big enough and comfortable a king size bed and 2 double sofa beds which thought is ok but could have done with 2 double beds instead of 2 sofa beds which was uncomfortable for the kids .there is plenty of room for the extra double beds but then it may not have been used all the time . 2 tvs and one dvd player which kept my girls entertained .there is also a jacuzzi bath which is a bonus .it is off the main road so it's quiet .i like the fact that its separated from the pub completely so noise is not a problem .the landlady was pleasant .i asked for some milk for my coffee and was given a little jug of fresh milk which I took to my room also given me about 10 packets of sugar which I thought was kind.also I wanted 3 bowls and 3 spoons for breakfast the next morning as we bought our own cereals to have in our room .given without problems .little things like this makes a difference .my husband and 15 year old son did have a big breakfast though maybe that's why she didn't mind us having the bowls and spoons for my 2 daughters and me because I paid for the 2 big breakfast .also brought up the tray of cheesy chips I ordered from the pub to my room the night before.cant fault the customer service .not far from Airport which is good for travellers flying from bristol less than 1-2 miles if I am not wrong .free wireless Internet and ample parking for customer staying at b&b.yes will definitely recommend .

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Alena B
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Went here for anniversary meal for my parents and stayed the night as well.
The meal was very nice everyone enjoyed their food service was excellent .
The bar is very good, excellent Landlord
Good proper bar
The room we stayed in was clean tidy. Nice comfortable bed, hot shower in the morning
Will stay again

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Highbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We went to the Langford Inn tonight for a meal, and I have to say that I couldn't find anything wrong with it. The staff were very friendly, and the food was excellent, as for being overpriced, I had steak, that just melted in my mouth, and my partner had salmon, and she loved it. We both had a desert, that was so big, I couldn't eat it all, and we had a drink each. The whole lot came to £21 each. I think that was value for money, and can't wait to return to try another dish.
Didn't stay in any of the rooms so can't comment on them.
Well done all staff!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We chose this inn due to it's proximity to Bristol Airport. We enjoyed a very pleasant meal but unfortunately our nights sleep was spoiled by an extremely uncomfortable mattress. which made us extremely tired before a very early morning flight. We would suggest that some investment was made to improve this situation as it certainly wasn't worth the cost of staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Peter S
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Came here for somewhere different to eat. Tables were all laid up nicely. Food was excellent and very tasty. Little expensive but you don't mind as you get what you pay for. Would recommend people to eat here, can't comment on rooms as didn't stay here.

• Stayed August 2013
Meadow Cottage
Meadow Cottage
#3 of 5 in Redhill
Mendip Spring Golf & Country Club

Been to The Langford Inn? Share your experiences!