Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Spent one night here away on business. The Room and facilities were fine, spacious and well appointed. Breakfast was a good start to the day. The owners son was very helpful.

For a simple business overnight stay it was pretty decent value.

Room tip: Room 6 was fine with good en suite
Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We stayed for 3 nights during the Easter and here is our review on this lodge.

<Room>

==Positive==

1-Very specious and clean. Our first impression on the room when we stepped in was “Wow”.

2-A bed was very comfortable and we had a good night sleep each night.

==Negative==

1-The room was so cold. Not enough heating system for the size of the room. We were given a tinny spare fan heater but not warm enough. I wrapped up myself with a blanket to keep warm.

2-Some electric sockets did not work including the bathroom.

3-Wifi did not connect properly. On the first day, the internet was on and off while we were using our ipads. From the second day, no connections at all.

4-A bad TV reception and usefulness remote control. I had to ask for new batteries for that.

5-Long life milk served in the room was expired two months ago. My husband used such old milk in his tea as we did not expect to be served expired milk and he was suffered from severe stomach-ache all night long on that day.

<Breakfast>

==Positve==

Good tea & coffee

==Negative==

1-Do not order English breakfast. The worst breakfast ever. We got ½ grilled tomato (normally tinned but we asked for fresh ones.), 1 sausage, 1 slice of bacon and a small bowl of beans. Cheap sausage and burned bacon. We saw a group of three in the room. When Breakfast was served, they looked at the plate, looked each other and put the plates on the side and walked out. They even did not touch their folks. I cannot believe that they serve such a poor quality food to customers and charge extra for it.

2-The breakfast room was cold. Again no proper heating. Just a small fan heater in the corner. I saw a woman wrapped up herself with a blanket.

We cancelled the cooked breakfast on the third day and the owner said,

“Great. Less wash up for me.”

What kind of comment is that!? She should wonder why people don’t have breakfast here.

I also mentioned that the breakfast room was cold, she said,
“Well we are so busy and people keep come in and go out all the time and the door hardly keep closed.”

Well, I only saw the group of three on the first day and I never saw them again and other people during our stay.

<Overall>
This is a great place to stay if you arrive late at night and just sleep over night. However, if you stay in winter or cold season, would like to enjoy breakfast, use your gadgets and watch TV during your stay, better to go somewhere else.

Date of stay: March 2013
Reviewed 8 March 2013

The hotel was clean and comfortable. The bed was just like mine at home so slept well. Facilities in the suite were good with plenty of choice with teas and coffee. Bathroom had under floor heating so feet always warm. Breakfast brilliant. Will book again

Room tip: Just book it book it you shouldn't regret it.
Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We stayed here for two nights and had a very pleasant stay. The bathroom looks like it had recently been refurbished and the living room suite was modern and comfortable. We only saw one member of staff our entire stay but she as helpful and accommodating.
Only real gripes are very insignificant - I forgot my hairdryer and the one in the room was pretty useless and the bathroom needed some hooks/shelves but that's all I'd really say!
It is close to a fairly busy road during the day and you can hear the traffic despite the double glazing but we live near a main road and so it didn't disturb us, but it might be worth bearing in mind if you are looking for a truly countryside retreat.
Overall I'd say Milton's isn't the most luxurious of hotel's but it was clean, simple and comfortable and a good base to visit local attractions including Cheddar Gorge, Wookey Hole and Weston -s- Mare.

Date of stay: June 2012
3  Thank Th1mble
Lozmg, Owner at Milton's Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
We're delighted you enjoyed your stay.
Milton's is what it says on the tin - exceptionally spacious, comfortable, clean accommodation.
We do not claim to be luxurious or boutique & our room rates reflect this.
Apologies about the hairdrier. We previously provided top of the range & they disappeared, Consequently we now provide standard hotel issue.
Thank you again!

Reviewed 22 April 2012

I was treated to a short break by my boyfriend and we stayed at this charming hotel. When we arrived we were shown to our cottage style suite by the very friendly and welcoming owner, who showed us around the room and ensured we were happy with everything. It was beautifully furnished and included all the right finishing touches in creating this quaint and cozy styled cottage. It also included the modern day commodities such as a widescreen TV , tea making facilities and a mini bar which made our stay comfortable and homely without affecting that romantic setting. The living area was very spacious and included a comfy three piece suite. The most attractive feature of this room has to be the bedroom area. There is an open staircase leading up to a mezzanine level which includes a luxurious four-poster bed which provided a very comfortable nights sleep. As a woman who packs too much, I was also delighted to see the ample storage space provided in this room ! And as if we were not spoilt enough by the living room and bedroom, we were provided with a modern and generously sized bathroom with a large shower.
We also arranged to have breakfast in the restaurant and as we expected, the food was delicious and there is a variety of food you can have.
This hotel is a lovely place to stay and is made all the better by the very friendly and helpful owner. We could fault anything about this place and I cannot wait to stay here again.

Room tip: We definitely recommend the four-poster cottage style suite.
Date of stay: April 2012