Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My girlfriend and I have stayed here three times whilst visiting family in the area.
Speaking as a person who is EXTREMELY fussy, a germ-a-phoebe and a complainer lol I did not find one thing wrong with this hotel. Everything was nearly spotless (I say nearly as NOTHING can be completely spotless nm what people say. You're Always going to get a bit of dust etc). We have never found any marks on the sheets, any stray hair in the bathroom etc. The owners (or owner and assistant) were lovely! She was very informative on each trip. They advised us about restaurants to eat out at and ones to avoid, they were always cheerful and happy to answer any questions we had. The breakfasts were amazing. Always plenty of food on the plate and plenty of juice, milk and tea to hand.
Some of the reviews i have read on here have either got the wrong hotel or are blatant lines. I know people who own B&B's in rural areas and know that sometimes (I'm not saying that this is the case here) other less scrupulous B&B owners can make up fake reviews to bring down other local hotel's/b&b's scores.
One of the reviews state that this lodge is on a noisy and busy road... I can honestly say that is utter rubbish. My girlfriend and I have walked along this road on a Saturday at mid-day and saw about 15-20 cars in 30-40mins. I'm sorry but that is NOT a busy road.

My girlfriend and I unfortunately broke up last month and I am a little sad that I will never be visiting this hotel again. :'(... I'd go so far as to say I am more upset about this fact than us actually breaking up hehe.

Room tip: We have stayed in two separate rooms in the three stays and ALL are clean and tidy. We had the four poster and it was worth the extra money.
Date of stay: February 2014
2  Thank RandomEo
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We loved our stay there. Your own front door leading to a top quality suite. Your car immediately outside the door. Excellent breakfast in a comfortable and attractive room. A lovely welcome, and even a bar.
The only downside was that the restaurant is closed, but there are plenty of eating places nearby.

Date of stay: October 2013
1  Thank Peter S
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Roon 5 wow lovely! Really felt treated as soon as i walked in, location awesome! No food is served in the resturant only breakfast which i think is a shame, but so many good place's to eat all attractions so near by 15 or 20 min"s from everything, i loved our room so lovely to have so much space, owner's are welcoming but not in your face, so nice, Good place to stay! Would also like to say they have taken on board all comment's about heating providing us with extra blanket's and extra heaters in case we were cold. Really did find this place lovely my room was 5 cannot vouch for any other room.

Date of stay: October 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Well, What Can I say?
We booked this literally at the very last minute due to a "Mis-Booking" involving a local hotel.
Well if this was the result of a mistake (ie we had to look very quickly for some where else) this is the best result we have ever had.
We rang up, Booked the room.
On arrival (about 1 1/2 hrs later) we were very surprised to fin what we would call a "Motel" style establishment.
My wife went into reception and to our surprise we were guided to a room that was more like a small cottage.
Nice Bathroom & shower
Extremely nice bedroom
Free Wi FI!
In fact we will stay here from now on every time we travel vi Bristol airport.
The Lady running the hotel was very pleasant and looked after us extremely well.
(parking for us was right outside the room)
After a really good nights sleep we went to the main house for breakfast.... faultless!
Not much else to say is there?????

Room tip: All rooms are superb!
Date of stay: September 2013
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Just booked this for tonight as ive stayed here once before on business. Lovely welcome on the phone to book, good attention to detail and appropriate questions asked to try and make my stay comfortable.

The lady I dealt with to book the room is the owner and she's obviously on the ball.

Date of stay: September 2013