“Comfortable and Clean”

Milton's Country Lodge
oswestry
“Comfortable and Clean”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Had a one night stay on business. Found the location to be very good and could imagine it making a good base for exploring the area. Room was an annex with separate door which suited me-easy to come and go as pleased. The room was of good size and well appointed and importantly, clean. The owner was very helpful, and I had a decent cooked breakfast in the main lodge. This was at additional cost, so the overall cost was, maybe, a bit pricey, but I had booked what was described as an 'executive' room, so no complaints really.

Room Tip: The separate annex gives some extra space and privacy with its own entrance.The lodge is off a main...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were looking for a romantic place for a short break. She found this place and booked us in for three nights. We checked in and we're taken to room 4. From the moment the door opened we were very happy with our choice. The room was spacious, clean and well appointed. The bathroom was like the ones you find in a classy hotel. The staircase up to the mezzanine level revealed a four poster bed which was very comfy. All in all we had a fantastic stay. The busy road right outside could have been an issue but we really didn't notice it. We would recommend this place and we will return.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shane D
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My girlfriend and I have stayed here three times whilst visiting family in the area.
Speaking as a person who is EXTREMELY fussy, a germ-a-phoebe and a complainer lol I did not find one thing wrong with this hotel. Everything was nearly spotless (I say nearly as NOTHING can be completely spotless nm what people say. You're Always going to get a bit of dust etc). We have never found any marks on the sheets, any stray hair in the bathroom etc. The owners (or owner and assistant) were lovely! She was very informative on each trip. They advised us about restaurants to eat out at and ones to avoid, they were always cheerful and happy to answer any questions we had. The breakfasts were amazing. Always plenty of food on the plate and plenty of juice, milk and tea to hand.
Some of the reviews i have read on here have either got the wrong hotel or are blatant lines. I know people who own B&B's in rural areas and know that sometimes (I'm not saying that this is the case here) other less scrupulous B&B owners can make up fake reviews to bring down other local hotel's/b&b's scores.
One of the reviews state that this lodge is on a noisy and busy road... I can honestly say that is utter rubbish. My girlfriend and I have walked along this road on a Saturday at mid-day and saw about 15-20 cars in 30-40mins. I'm sorry but that is NOT a busy road.

My girlfriend and I unfortunately broke up last month and I am a little sad that I will never be visiting this hotel again. :'(... I'd go so far as to say I am more upset about this fact than us actually breaking up hehe.

Room Tip: We have stayed in two separate rooms in the three stays and ALL are clean and tidy. We had the four...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RandomEo
Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We loved our stay there. Your own front door leading to a top quality suite. Your car immediately outside the door. Excellent breakfast in a comfortable and attractive room. A lovely welcome, and even a bar.
The only downside was that the restaurant is closed, but there are plenty of eating places nearby.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter S
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Roon 5 wow lovely! Really felt treated as soon as i walked in, location awesome! No food is served in the resturant only breakfast which i think is a shame, but so many good place's to eat all attractions so near by 15 or 20 min"s from everything, i loved our room so lovely to have so much space, owner's are welcoming but not in your face, so nice, Good place to stay! Would also like to say they have taken on board all comment's about heating providing us with extra blanket's and extra heaters in case we were cold. Really did find this place lovely my room was 5 cannot vouch for any other room.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Hi one and all and the lovely owners of Milton Country lodge

We had just had a relaxing weekend at this lovely location. Journey from London was easy, location easy to find. Met with a very rushed off their feet couple , getting rooms ready and repairs to outside area done before the rain. However pleasant reception from them both, quite warming actually.

Introduced to our room , spacious self contained cottage with beamed ceilings, and a lovely mezzanine level bedroom, with a view down to the lounge . Very romantic setting. My only gripe, what it may, was that it was very dusty , mainly the blinds(when we lowered them) lamp shade on desk(only seen when you switch on the light)and the beautiful area over the bed, you looked up to cobwebs and when you touched it, the dust fell. The vellux window needs a good clean, and blind either washed or replaced. An injection of colour would really excite the interior of cottage one, including a touch up of the beams. A wooden floor would get rid of the burnt iron marks on the carpet in the lounge.

Despite these minor comments, we would stay here again, and recommend to friends. So thank you for your lovely hospitality

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed here from 23rd to 26th August 2013 and had a lovely time.

We stayed in a cottage suite and it was great to have plenty of space instead of squashing into a hotel room. The bed was very comfortable and we were happy to find a thick, comforting feather duvet rather than a sheet and bedspread. The decoration in the room was lovely and neutral, nice furniture / sofas, nice size TV with free view . Bonus was a little fridge / minibar in the room filled with coke, lemonade, beers, wine and malteasers - I got a pint of milk and kept it in here as an excessive tea drinker. I also came across an iron and ironing board, a trouser press and hair dryer in the room.

The bathroom must be brand new, again neutral colour and perfect for our needs. Came with plenty of thick fluffy towels too (didn't have to nick the boyfriends for my hair for once). Lots of toiletries too. Hand soap in a pump rather than a fiddly bar of slippery soap.

We only had breakfast on the day of our departure (I notice previous complaints) however feel the breakfast was good quality and good value. For £7.95 you get a choice of hot items (bacon, sausage, egg, tomatoes, beans, black pudding). We opted for all except beans and black pudding and got 2 of each item. It came with white and brown toast, choice of tea or coffee, cereals / muesli, juices, fruit etc which to me represents excellent value when you consider the wide choice. I wish we'd had breakfast everyday

Hotel is situated on a quiet road so nice and peaceful at night. More traffic during the day.

Only downside was that after the first day the wifi stopped working. The owner tried to sort it out for us but wasn't able to. That was a selling point for us as we both have lots of gadgets and get twitchy without Internet access. O2 phone signal isn't great (data doesnt work) so we were relying on the internet.

Other than that, lovely stay, pleasant owner. Would like to go back again. Would have given a perfect 5 for everything if Internet worked.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Redhill House
#1 of 2 in Redhill
Mendip Spring Golf & Country Club
Lower Stock Farm Bed & Breakfast

Been to Milton's Country Lodge? Share your experiences!