All reviews four poster bed mini bar living area weston super mare short break very pleasant stay bedroom lounge pubs cheddar
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Had a one night stay on business. Found the location to be very good and could imagine it making a good base for exploring the area. Room was an annex with separate door which suited me-easy to come and go as pleased. The room was of good size and well appointed and importantly, clean. The owner was very helpful, and I had a decent cooked breakfast in the main lodge. This was at additional cost, so the overall cost was, maybe, a bit pricey, but I had booked what was described as an 'executive' room, so no complaints really.

Room tip: The separate annex gives some extra space and privacy with its own entrance.The lodge is off a main road, but not busy so it was a quiet stay.
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were looking for a romantic place for a short break. She found this place and booked us in for three nights. We checked in and we're taken to room 4. From the moment the door opened we were very happy with our choice. The room was spacious, clean and well appointed. The bathroom was like the ones you find in a classy hotel. The staircase up to the mezzanine level revealed a four poster bed which was very comfy. All in all we had a fantastic stay. The busy road right outside could have been an issue but we really didn't notice it. We would recommend this place and we will return.

Date of stay: July 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shane D
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed at one of the rooms for 3 days whilst visiting the area with my wife. We needed to go to Weston SM and it seemed a logical place to form a base.

Room was fine, clean and with all the facilities that we needed. We decided to order breakfast, which was pre ordered the night before, and was excellent.

The lady in charge was very courteous and pleasant to deal with, and made several recommendations for food etc.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay - many thanks.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geoff H
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Found Milton's Lodge at the last minute after previous arrangements in Bristol fell through and we had an early morning flight. The twin room was nicely appointed, the owner most kind and accommodating, the price was very reasonable, and it was less than 15 minutes to the airport. It's out in the country in a lovely area. Very quiet and restful with charm and character to boot. A great find.

Date of stay: June 2014
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank jgsherwood
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My girlfriend and I have stayed here three times whilst visiting family in the area.
Speaking as a person who is EXTREMELY fussy, a germ-a-phoebe and a complainer lol I did not find one thing wrong with this hotel. Everything was nearly spotless (I say nearly as NOTHING can be completely spotless nm what people say. You're Always going to get a bit of dust etc). We have never found any marks on the sheets, any stray hair in the bathroom etc. The owners (or owner and assistant) were lovely! She was very informative on each trip. They advised us about restaurants to eat out at and ones to avoid, they were always cheerful and happy to answer any questions we had. The breakfasts were amazing. Always plenty of food on the plate and plenty of juice, milk and tea to hand.
Some of the reviews i have read on here have either got the wrong hotel or are blatant lines. I know people who own B&B's in rural areas and know that sometimes (I'm not saying that this is the case here) other less scrupulous B&B owners can make up fake reviews to bring down other local hotel's/b&b's scores.
One of the reviews state that this lodge is on a noisy and busy road... I can honestly say that is utter rubbish. My girlfriend and I have walked along this road on a Saturday at mid-day and saw about 15-20 cars in 30-40mins. I'm sorry but that is NOT a busy road.

My girlfriend and I unfortunately broke up last month and I am a little sad that I will never be visiting this hotel again. :'(... I'd go so far as to say I am more upset about this fact than us actually breaking up hehe.

Room tip: We have stayed in two separate rooms in the three stays and ALL are clean and tidy. We had the four poster and it was worth the extra money.
Date of stay: February 2014