“Mojitos and food”

Price range: US$5 - US$26
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Mahi Mahi Restaurant
Reviewed 6 June 2014

the mojitos are the best they are made from scratch other places they use a mix. not here The food is very good and the prices are excellent.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was eager to visit this restaurant because a friend told me it was great. I arrived at around 8:30 pm on a saturday, and I know that's a busy hour, but I'm a very patient person when it comes to waiting for food. The waitress (I'll name her Waitress 1) was not that cheerful and helpful as other waitresses at other restaurants. When my girlfriend asked her about which Mojito she recommended, the waitress just said "Hawaiian" without explaining what's made of, or even looking at us. She took our order and left off. Then came Waitress number 2 which brought us our drinks. That one was a little nicer. We had to wait like 45 min. for our food, but like I said, I don't care about waiting time if the food is worth it...but there came a problem. The food was kinda cold. Like it had been ready for some time, but nobody picked the order up. I don't know if it was because the restaurant was kind of full, but the food didn't taste like I was expecting. After the food was served, NO waitress came to ask if we wanted another beverage. And when I say none is NONE. I managed to call Waitress number 3 and asked her for some additional beverages, which she brought. After we finished our meal I asked Waiter number 4 (you read that right…4th waitress) to remove the plates and bring the check, but she didn't bring it to me. Even after all this I thought "maybe they're too busy". I got up and went to the front desk and ask the girl at the cashier if she could give me my check, because I asked another girl but it looked like she was busy and forgot (which I completely understood). The girl at the cashier complied, and as she was preparing my check, there came Waitress number 1 (the one who was not helpful and didn't checked up on us) and said "That order is mine!". Now, I don't wanna sound like I'm a difficult client but I know how the food business moves, and I can be completely sympathetic towards waitresses. I know for a fact that is not easy dealing with so many people at the same time, but there are some things at costumer service that are elemental.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

This is a small restaurant entering from State Road #2 towards Rincón. We recommend the platanutres with Pico de gallo and mahi mahi, also ask for the catch of the day. We had the best "chillo" in many years. Also they had a mojito bar...it's worth the ride from the Horned Dorset...

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Definitively you need to taste the plantain chips with mahi mahi and pico de gallo, of course with a passion fruit mojito. Good service.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Mahi Mahi is completely unpretentious and well worth a visit. Dishes come with interesting sauces and sides and the flan for dessert was perfect. The staff are hardly in a rush but they are pleasant and helpful. There was a nice mix of locals and tourists.