“They have work to do to achieve a true 4 Star boutique hotel status.”

Rincon Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Anasco
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This boutique hotel has potential but can hardly call themselves a true 4 star accommodation. The service is uninspired. There is no room service, gift shop is never open and no on site spa (although the massage therapist, Linda, who services the hotel is phenomenal).
The beach is nice but not dredged daily, and lastly the facility needs some maintenance repairs (broken tiles on stair cases and peeling paint and mold mildew in junior suite bathroom showers).

So if a hotel is going to charge $400 a night the facilities and service should warrant it.

• Stayed: February 2012

Reviewed 2 February 2012

It should be noted that this Resort isn't actually in Rincon. It is situated on the bay so the beach is very calm and safe. It is great for kids as you don't have to worry about the reef. the other beaches in rincon are harder to access and you should wear some kind of water shoe to protect your feet from things. We are in our thirties and found the crowd here to be eirther much older or groups of people with their small children. We stayed away from the resort because there were many kids and families with loud music and screaming kids. The buildings are all concrete so you can hear everything. We were orignially in a room with an adjoining door and could hear the other person's TV clearly (room 415). Our second room was clean and had a view of the pool and water (room 303). The rooms were clean and safe. The hotel staff were friendly. As to be expected the drinks were over priced. We actually had a cooler on the beach and nobody said anything. The restaurant was okay. You should also have a car rental. You will need to drive to get anywhere. The sunsets here were beautiful.

Room Tip: Keep away from the elevator and adjoining rooms.
3  Thank Katherine M
Reviewed 1 February 2012

If you are looking for a place to relax, then I would recommend this hotel since the pool and the private beach are very nice. However the hotel is situated 10 minutes by car from Rincon so it is a bit far from the "city" compared to some other hotel options. The rooms are not the newest or finest but they do their job.
Be sure to get the room that you pay for. We reserved an ocean view room and the result was that we got a room with a tree view and a slight chance to see the ocean from the balcony. But after complaining about this they switched the room to a better one (the switch was so easy that it feeled like they knew that they had given us a poor view room).
The reason why I give 4 stars is the beach and the pool area since the hotel didn't itself impress me very much. Without the beach/pool I would've given 3 stars.

Also:
we got a deal from hotels.com,
the gym is small,
pool food was good
and the restaurants breakfast is ok (about 15 dollars).

3  Thank Habaman
Reviewed 20 January 2012

My wife and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary in this hotel. It was our first time in this hotel and our experience was extremely pleasant. Although it is not a 5 star hotel, they made us feel at home. For $199 a night, including taxes and breakfast for 2 every morning, there is not much more you can ask for. Breakfast is a la carte (weekends are a la carte and buffet) with very creative and delicious alternatives. A note about breakfast charges: breakfast was included in our package but you have to sign for the charges to your room. Then, at check-out, those charges are deducted from your bill. The pool bar is very good and the bartender, Jose, is extremely good and friendly. The pool restaurant is also very good and offers a variety of dishes, from burgers to ribs and everything in between. The room we selected had two beds, very comfortable, a view of the pool from the balcony and was spacious. Housekeeping was prompt and efficient. Every employee we met was very nice and courteous. Even the janitors said hello every time they met you. Brasas restaurant served very good food. It is not cheap but the quality of the food made it worthwhile. Check-in and check-out was fast and effortless.
The beach is good with minimal surf, although at this time of the year, the water is cold by tropical standards. You can walk on the beach for a long time but use sunblock or you will regret it. If you like picking what I call "drift glass" (pieces of broken glass polished by the sand and gravel and wave action) there are lots of them.
We were very impressed with this hotel and plan to return in the near future.
The hotel was not crowded due to the fact that we arrived on Thursday and classes were in session. I expect that during summer it will be crowded.
There is no casino or disco in this hotel but who cares. We go to hotels to relax and have quality time together.
Also, I must mention that there are no attraction for kids o teenagers except the pool but since we were alone, it did not matter.
The only thing that I would change is: free WiFi in the public areas.
NOTE: This hotel is not in the town of Rincón. It is in the town of Añasco, about 10'15 minutes from Rincón.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with an ocean view. Sunsets are spectacular.
1  Thank alfgomezjr
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. It was peaceful and has a beautiful beach right in front of the pool. Ate at Brasas, the hotel restaurant, and both the salmon and the stuffed chicken breast were delicious.
The room had a King bed with ocean view, wonderful!!!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Just returned this morning from a stay at this hotel so the details are fresh in my mind. Me and a group of friends stayed here this weekend for our close friends wedding which was also out this hotel.

My 1st impressions were that the lobby decor was pretty nice with a Tommy Bahama “tropical plantation” style. Went to check in and the front desk agent was professional and answered my questions but did not crack a smile the entire time. Neither did the agent next to him helping another guest. I also found it strange that they charge your entire stay right at check in. I've never had a hotel do this. From the outside the buildings and facilities seem nice enough. After arriving at my room, neither of our 2 room keys worked. The bellboy, who was courteous but also not a smiler, went and got us new keys. I was in room 116 which was very large but seemed to have the same furniture as smaller rooms so it made the room feel a bit empty even with 2 queen size beds. I did enjoy having a larger room though. At 1st quick glance the rooms seem okay but upon further inspection you notice that the walls and ceiling are done in popcorn style, something I haven't seen since the early 80s. The door to the small terrace was a white aluminum door and looked like something you would use in an industrial setting, not a guest room. The entry door and closet doors were wood, but were faded and in need of some sanding and varnish. The furniture was in the same style as the lobby and seemed fairly new and nice, just not enough of it to fill the room. The air-conditioners are also new and quiet and work well but the beds did not have a comforter (or a fitted sheet for that matter) so you can't make the room too cold or you'll freeze which is what happened to me on the 2nd night.

On Friday night we had dinner at the hotel's restaurant, Brasas. The service was about as slow as I've ever had. I know a lot of tourists complain about slow service in Puerto Rico but this was really beyond anything I've experienced here so far. The food was mostly bad as well. We had a table of 7 and ordered many different plates as well as some tapas and I would say about 85% of the things we tried were pretty bad. My rack of lamb was supposed to be medium but was pretty dry and a friends churrasco had a curly hair in it. Somebody from our group had to eat earlier and when we arrived at the restaurant we saw them sitting alone at the table with a frustrated look. Later on we found out that they waited 1 hour and 5 min. for a salad and that it wasn't even good either. We also had to ask for the check at least 3 times before it arrived.

After dinner we met up with the rest of the wedding party at the lobby bar for drinks. I'm pretty sure that this bar made more money that night than in the rest of the month. There were at least 30 people there, almost all Puerto Rican and experienced drinkers, so we were taken aback at the attitude of the bartender who clearly wanted to close the bar and go home. He even made several comments to some of us indicating that he wanted to close up and leave because “he too had a social life”. Let me be clear and say that the group was not being obnoxious or belligerent towards him so I didn't see the reason why he wouldn't be happy to make as much in tips as he probably did. Oh, and he didn't crack a smile all night either. At one point around midnight he disappeared for half an hour. We thought he had closed up and left but he returned saying he went to get more bottles of vodka. At around 2 AM, he finally closed the bar and left. Some of the group stayed for a little while to finish up their drinks and one of my friends went behind the bar to get a bit more ice for his glass. The overnight front desk agent saw this and screamed “hey hey hey!” from across the lobby. I was surprised because I thought it might have been someone from the group being loud, but when I saw it was the front desk agent, I couldn't believe it. I am of the mindset that the customer is NOT always right but in this kind of situation, I think an employee in the hospitality industry should walk up to a guest and inform them of what they can and can't do rather than scream at them from across the lobby. The grooms dad joked that his next wedding would be somewhere else.

Saturday morning, me and a friend woke up late so we decided to grab a quick breakfast and not leave the hotel since our friends were waiting for us at the beach. Bad decision again. Same slow/nonexistent service. We had the breakfast buffet which mainly consisted of some dry scrambled eggs, chewy bacon, toast, decent breakfast sausages, salmon that looked more like prosciutto ham so I didn't touch it, and a few other items. On the bright side, the pineapple was very sweet and juicy and a chocolate chip cookie was nice. They do offer à la carte for breakfast but as I said, I was in a hurry and didn't want to wait based on their service history. After trying to get a servers attention for the bill and failing, we decided to go up to the front. While waiting for them to get paper for the machine to print the tickets, I heard a waitress saying “what time is it so I can get out of here”. Mind you, she wasn't whispering and it was 10 AM!

We relaxed by the pool and beach that afternoon where I saw the 1st employee with a smile. It was the pool bartender who was genuinely friendly and had our backs all afternoon. The pool grill waitresses were friendly as well. Unfortunately, the food at the pool grill wasn't much better. A few of my friends ordered chicken fingers and fries which were okay but I ordered a shrimp cocktail which according to the menu consisted of half a pound of shrimp with cocktail sauce. In actuality it was nowhere near a half pound and the size of the shrimp seemed more appropriate for a seafood stew. Oh, and the cocktail sauce, which had more of a liquid consistency than saucy and didn't taste like cocktail sauce, came in a plastic cup smaller than a medicine cup. I am not exaggerating.

That night the wedding was in the ballroom which I think was the nicest part of the hotel. It was a bit tight for the size of the wedding but that is not the hotels fault. I like the decor that was used though some had some critiques. The food was buffet style and was okay but I seemed to be unlucky in being the 1st in line. The pasta I got was from the top of the chafing dish and had become very cold due to it not being covered. I also had no butter for my bread as it was brought out way later after I had finished eating. The banquet servers were very friendly and overall gave speedy service. Wish some of them worked full-time at the hotel.

Sunday morning we woke up and decided to have breakfast outside of the hotel no matter what. We checked out around 11:15 a.m. and again got no smiles from a different front desk agent. I also had to give them my credit card again to pay for incidentals. Not sure why they couldn't use the same one I had on record. More of an annoyance than a real inconvenience but again I find their systems out of the ordinary.

Speaking with other people who were staying there for the wedding, the stories I just shared were pretty much the same experience most others had this weekend. Don't be surprised if you see a few more reviews like mine pop up soon. Reading through some older reviews here I noticed that bad service is frequently mentioned. The hotel does not look old and has some physical potential but you can see where they tried to cut corners. My room was not serviced on Saturday and when we saw a housekeeper late in the afternoon, we asked for service but were told that they were understaffed and each had 18 rooms per day. I also never saw a supervisor or manager anywhere on the property. I came in with an open mind and no expectations but left very disappointed as did many others.

Can't say that I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank sbenus
Reviewed 10 January 2012

This hotel/resort is located in a very quiet spot by the sea. If possible, ask for the first floor rooms nearby the pool/beach. They have a balcony that have direct access to both places. The pool is clean, you can find beach chairs along the beach area and the pool. If you like to read under the palms or take a nap, there are few spots. You can take a good walk along the coast and simply spend the afternoon. Rooms were clean, with great service everyday. The hotel is beautiful with many places to lay back. Wireless Internet is available for an additional $10.00 a day. The small gym is at the 4th floor, clean and good if you need to. Employees were polite and always on time. The Restaurant Brasas is a good option if you're looking for dinning (around $20's p/p), the breakfast buffet isn't cheap but you're going to enjoy it. There are a few places to eat around for less either way to Rincon or Mayaguez (12-15 mnts), but you will need a car. It's a great place to disconnect from work and routine and relax. You'll have not only great pics, but also memories. You wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for the first floor rooms nearby the pool/beach.
4  Thank Localad
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anasco
Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel
#1 of 8 in Cabo Rojo
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico
Margaritaville Vacation Club Wyndham Rio Mar
La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort

Been to Rincon Beach Resort? Share your experiences!