“A secret gem on the way from Whistler”

The Watershed Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Do not let appearances dissuade you! Yes it has the look of a shack, but the quality of the food is outstanding and the service is friendly, attentive and prompt.
We first visited it during the salmon run period and were able to observe the dozens of eagles that feast around. Paulette order the "small" Reuben but had to take half home and my burger was epic.
We visited again this summer. Paulette had the soup of the day and I requested the seafood chowder. Both servings were quite large with generous helpings of garlic bread. While the sweet potato soup was on the healthy side, the chowder had the perfect combination of flavours and texture. Whoever is in the kitchen really knows the trade. Plus the prices are very reasonable.

There are newer reviews for The Watershed Grill

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had a wonderful dinner at the Watershed Grill. Our waitress Ellie was wonderful -- lots of great suggestions and very fun. Our food was delicious and the view overlooking the river couldn't have been more beautiful.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stopped by for dinner at the Watershed Grill after being at Tough Mudder in Whistler all day, we were tired, hungry and thirsty. What a great find!

We were seated right away, warned the wait for food would be about 45 minutes (which was spot on), ordered drinks and when they came ordered our meals. We each ordered the River Burger that was very good. Fresh beef and toppings and a mountain of french fries accompanied the burger. We also ordered side salads, me the Caesar and my partner the Shed Salad - both very fresh and very tasty, and even though they were "side" salads they came filling a dinner plate!

The location is deluxe - feet from the river, views of the river, mountains and the fresh air coming in made this an extra special treat. Service was very good - all the staff very active in meeting the needs of their clientele.

This is a place well worth visiting, we will definitely be going back the next time we're up that way.

1  Thank AbbyEmptyNesters
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Great local place. On the river really nice mountain views. Friendly staff, good food and local beer on tap. Relaxed environment. Stop, sit on the porch and have a beer you won't regret it.

1  Thank tom k
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Just got home from a lovely late afternoon turned late evening date at the Watershed Grill.

I thought it'd be a great idea to make a reservation because it was a hot Sunday. So I did a few hours in advance and was told on the phone it was "good idea" to do so. Thinking I was on top of the world and a slight genius for reserving a table I picked up my date and hit the road from North Vancouver. When we arrived our table didn't have a river view (I didn't ask for one but still...), rather every one else that showed up randomly without rezos sat by the river instead while we sat near the back of the deck. Gotta keep the regulars happy - fair enough.

Before we sat down though, we got to the deck and waited to be seated. A waitress said there was a wait so we should go sit at the bar and hang out for a while. I proudly exclaimed to her that we had a reservation. She rolled her eyes and repeated for us to go to the bar with sassy tone. She was a real treat.

We were then told it'd be about a 45 minute wait for food because the kitchen was backed up, so we just got appies which came within a reasonable half hour or so. So after arriving at 6:15pm we ordered our main courses at about 7pm and got our food at about 9:15pm. By this time the table behind us had had TWO parties of six come and go, the mosquitos were out, the cold was setting in and my patience was thinner than a vegan on a juice diet.

The food was par at best. Our server (not the veteran waitress from before) was actually very nice and apologetic for the wait. She should be promoted because nice people deserve better treatment in this world. The rest of the staff was about as useful as male nipples. They just wanted to close up shop and get out of there. This was evident by the stacking of the chairs on the deck around us as our food was just arriving. They had anything better to do.

I would definitely recommend The Watershed if you're in to being talked down to by restaurant staff, sitting in the same spot for three hours, paying full price and not being offered even a 1% discount for horrible service.

All in all though, I think I will return to The Watershed when hell freezes over, pigs fly or I'm at least 78 years old - I'm assuming I'll have all the time in the world to do nothing but wait at that point.

8  Thank Sullivancouver