“A place to stay....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Willow Inn

Blue Willow Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wadena
Blue Willow Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Wadena B&B and Inns
Sedgewick
“A place to stay....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

I think the Blue Willow Inn is a great place to stay. It's not like the big fancy hotels in the cities. But it makes you feel like your camping in a cabin, but your in a motel. Then you go to the common area and it makes you feel like you are at home. With a TV and computer for all the guests to use. Lots of tables for visiting. Staff is friendly. It's a nice cozy feeling in the rooms, with a microwave and fridge. TV with lots of channels. I would stay there agian.
To: juneyt... If you found a place that dirty and if you gagged everytime you brushed your teeth then why did you stay there. Obviously you are over exaggerating, because then you would have been sleeping in you car. Just saying....
I think the stay is very pleasant for a small town..... :)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank szar

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

I have never stayed in a motel that was so discusting. Yes, it is small, but definitely not quaint and cozy. It was discustingly dirty, and I too was itchy all night. I am appalled that anyone would refer to this place as clean...where are your standards? I couldn't even use our shower! It was filthy! I gagged everytime I had to use the sink to brush my teeth and I had to air out the room when I first arrived. If it had been clean, I wouldn't have had a problem. I won't stay there again. I'd rather sleep in my car.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank juneyt
Nipawin, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights last year for a dance competition and are booked in again for this year. The rooms are small and a bit old fashioned, but very clean. They even have a fridge and microwave in every room so you can bring your own drinks, popcorn, snacks, etc. All the rooms open into a common kitchen area in the centre of the hotel offering a full range of breakfast items. It felt like we were at home just making breakfast in our own kitchen! It was fun to sit and visit with everyone in this sitting area. They also have a hot chocolate machine for the evenings and you can watch TV or go on the internet in the kitchen area as well. Great staff and very hospitable. The price is right and it just has a very cozy feeling!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank papergirljp
Raymore, SK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

This place is very unique. I have stayed 3 separate occasions in the past 8 years with the same experiences each time. The rooms can be smallish but very clean and homey. The eating area is in the centre of the Inn features a home kitchen and you make your own breakfast. You can also hang out there, visit, or watch TV so it works for people that are sociable. And if you're not, you can just go in your own room. Overall a neat little place that we've enjoyed staying in all 3 times.

Room Tip: When I stayed by myself once, I got a super room - it was a small but sooo cozy and had it's own...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SkRhonda
missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2009

older hotel but so what. up in canada hunting. our second trip there, says something. vie is a hoot, love her. great home base going back this year for our third.

• Stayed October 2008
1 Thank joeyssparky
Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2008

OMG. That's all I can say.

I dunno how the last person gave this a 5.0 rating. There is a certain expectation of rural motels, but this one was a freakin' nightmare.

Mold, mildew, smell, no updating for decades. It was a loooooooooong night's sleep. Felt itchy the whole time in bed. This was even below camping quality. In fact, one would've been better off in a sleeping bag in the bush.

If one could score this below zero, I would.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2007
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank InsideTrack
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2007

I have to say, that I was a little worried about booking a hotel in Wadena, Sask. I have never travelled in Saskatchewan, let alone to a little town. To my surprise, it was a great place, and we had a great stay. Our room was clean, and the location is just outside of town. I would highly recommend anyone who is planning on visiting, or driving through Wadena to stay at this Inn. We walked by the other hotels in town, and I have to stay that this is the best place to stay. This place has a small town attitude, which was refreshing coming in from a big city. Thanks for everything.

• Liked — It was clean, and very quiet
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wadena
Arrowhead Motor Inn
Arrowhead Motor Inn
#1 of 1 in Wynyard

Been to Blue Willow Inn? Share your experiences!