“Business Stay”

Canalta Hotel Humboldt
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Humboldt
Reviewed 5 November 2013

From beginning to end my stay at the Canalta was not very pleasurable nor relaxing. I stayed only for 1 night and checked into the Canalta around 5pm. The woman at the front desk was nice but very unorganized and did not seem to know how to work the computers. She kept mumbling that she was taking over from the day shift and was flustered. She finally was able to check me in and find my reservation which took about 10 mins. I went to the assigned room and opened the door to find the room was already occupied! If that is not scary that a hotel doesn't know what rooms are occupied and printing out key card access I don't know what is! This is why I always deadbolt lock my door when I am in the room but what is to prevent someone from going in while I'm not in the room?
I went back downstairs to let the front desk woman know and of course that made her even more confused and another 10 mins to sort out a different room. She gave me a new room which had been partly cleaned however all the toiletries had been used and not thrown away nor replaced. I don' t know what kind of a hotel they are running but this entire experience was extremely sloppy.
So they promised me a minor discount (10%) on the room which was fine however it took them 4 charges back and forth on my credit card statement for them to get that right! I think I would have preferred not to go through the hassle and just pay the full rate. Since I was there on business trying to show my company the back and forth charges and credits was a major issue for me. I won't be staying here again the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
CanaltaHumboldt, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Humboldt, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

My first priority is to apologize for your experience at our location. As you can see from the previous reviews from our hotel, this is certainly not the norm.

I have recently hired 3 new staff and it would appear that my judgement to have one of them on the desk alone was premature.

We strive to give our guests the best experience possible and take complete ownership when we fall short.
Should you find yourself traveling back to our area, please contact me directly and give us an opportunity to show you that at Canalta our guests are our only priority.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed here some time ago on business for 12 days and celebrated my 50th birthday, a milestone to say the least. The manager and staff were exceptional and very good at all the requests I had, plus made the effort to have a birthday cake and a little party to celebrate the big day. The hotel staff was very nice, polite and friendly for my entire stay.

The hotel is very clean, breakfast in the morning, a full breakfast I might add is very good and great value.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank walleyehunter1999

Thank you for you kind words about our hotel.
50 years is truly a milestone and I am glad that you chose to spend it with us.

We have seen more and more people using a night stay to celebrate events such as yours.
Anniversary, wedding, birthday, or it is Wednesday... any reason is a good reason to stay at Canalta.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

The Canalta is the only decent hotel in Humboldt, and I think the management knows this as it is clear that they could not care less for their guests. In the two weeks that I've been a guest here, I've been moved twice out of my room. Once with less then an hours notice to vacate and no offer of assistance,the second time with no plan or offer of assistance again. The internet is spotty at best; the ethernet cable does not work at all and the wifi is unreliable. If there was equal quality bed in this town I would take it over this lazily run place any day . Staying here for this long has been a huge headache. Take the hour commute from Saskatoon if you have a choice.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Please accept my apologies for the recent issues you encountered at our hotel.

Sometimes it is necessary for guests to change rooms due to high occupancy levels in the hotel.
We make every effort to make these transitions as painless as possible but it would appear that we dropped the ball in your case.

I have addressed the errors from you stay with the front desk and we have established what we hope will be a better plan to handle these changes going forward.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

This hotel is a gem. Since staying at the Canalta Hotel I look for this chain when travelling elsewhere.
If you want a place that is quiet, clean and friendly, this hotel gives you exactly that. They also provide a very good breakfast with many healthy choices.
We have taken rooms there several times a year since they opened.
We know that the same high quality service will be there for us every time.
I plan on staying there again when we are passing through.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 24Terry

It sounds like you have seen our legendary service each time you have stayed with us.

Our processes are set so that our guests know what to expect each time they stay with us. Consistany is key.

Thank you for your kind words and are glad that you will look for Canalta branded hotels for all you accomodation needs.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I spend few days every month there when visiting our sites in saskat and is a Great hotel in the middle of nowhere

Is a great new hotel with awesome beds in a little town in sask so ifyou need to work there drive from wherever you are no more than 1 he and relax in thee spacious rooms and have a well & deserved sleep after a hard day of driving and working. Their breakfast is good and the service too.
The front desk staff were great.
they are always full so make sure you book with time, if not you may have to pay over two fifty for the Jacuzzi room which is awesome but you don't want to pay that much

Room Tip: all the rooms I've tried are large, spotless, and have fridges and microwaves. The bedding and p...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

The Humboldt Canalta is often used for guests such as yourself that come to the area for work.
Being central in the province, we are able to provide accommodations for a large business area.

Whether you are planning on staying only 1 night or for a extended period of time booking early is always a good idea.
Either way, the jacuzzi suite may be your room of choice.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Canalta Hotel chain never ceases to impress me. Yes, they may be slightly expensive for the small communities they are in (139/night) they are worth the money! Everyone is friendly and always willing to help you out. The rooms are new, clean, have large bathrooms, microwaves, mini fridges, and GOOD wireless in every room. There is a clean pool, hot tub, and great workout room and they offer a very good HOT and FREE breakfast. Definitely worth the extra money to stay at Canalta!

Room Tip: All are good in this hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Graham306
CanaltaHumboldt, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Humboldt, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

It sounds like you have had the opportunity to stay at more than just our Canalta location. I am glad that we have been able to build a brand that you seek out when you are traveling.

We continue to strive to be leaders in the industry, and based on you comments it sounds like we are well on our way.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Spent two nights at the Canalta Hotel in Humbodlt recently on business. Brand new, nicely appointed hotel with large, quiet rooms. A little thing, but I liked the shower gel and shampoo/conditioner dispensers right in the shower. The front desk staff were great; special kudos to Amanda who checked us in and provided quick, informed answers when I asked her for assistance, and even personally delivered the menu for a local restaurant when I inquired about nearby eating places. Although we didn’t use the swimming pool and waterslide, it was a spacious and nicely designed facility and would be a great place to bring kids. Continental breakfast was excellent, with a good selection of hot and cold cereal, eggs (both hard boiled and hot), sausage, three juices, yogurt, fruit, bagels, biscuits, toast, waffles, coffee etc in an open, comfortable dining area. The lady responsible was helpful and efficient at keeping things clean and well-organized; unfortunately I didn’t catch her name, but she’s doing a great job. Overall, an excellent value for the $140/night room rate. Thanks.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind words.

It sounds like you were able to enjoy most of the amenities that we offer. Hopefully you will be able to enjoy the pool/water slide the next time you stay here.

I have passed on your compliments to Amanda and the breakfast attendant. Guest comments like this are a great way to encourage our staff to keep promoting excellent customer service and remind them that no good deed goes unnoticed.

Been to Canalta Hotel Humboldt? Share your experiences!