“The best hotel in the area.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Canalta Hotel Humboldt
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Humboldt
Regina, Canada
“The best hotel in the area.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

The rooms are well maintain, all the place is very clean and the breakfast presents variety of options. The service is excellent and they accommodated to your needs.The hotel is very well located.
I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: The first floor is great, because you can park right there, in front the room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CanaltaHumboldt, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Humboldt, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our location.

Your kind words show that you truly had the legendary experience we want all our guests to enjoy. You have listed some of the amenities that you enjoyed during your stay. I hope you take the opportunity to return and enjoy the rest.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

My wife, sister and all her kids (10 of us in total) came to Humboldt to celebrate Christmas with family. We stayed in a massive room with three huge, comfortable beds. The included breakfast was delicious. The kids loved the pool, and so did we. All the staff that we encountered were friendly and available when we needed them. Thank you for the wonderful 3 days we spent with you.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
CanaltaHumboldt, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Humboldt, responded to this review, 25 December 2013
Seasons Greetings and thank you for your review of our location.

The triple rooms that you mentioned in your review are always a favorite with large families. Something to keep in mind is that these rooms, because there is only three in our hotel, tend to be booked up very quickly. Please take the time to plan ahead and book this room for your next family gathering. Booking early can avoid disappointment.
Edmonton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

We loved this place. Our room was huge, we had a fireplace, two TVs, a king bed and a sofa bed. The breakfast was the best continental I've ever had, eggs and bacon, toast, French toast, cinnamon buns. Not noisy and staff very polite. Can't wait to stay here again!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time during this busy time of year to take the time to write a review and let others know about your stay.

Canalta has a variety of items on our breakfast menu, so each day could offer different items. You will however, always find hot items on the menu.
You should also look for fresh cookies at the front desk and fresh popcorn each night.
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Beds and pillows are great the rooms are nice and very clean, the breakfast was ok just your ordinary free breakfast , the pool looked nice and seemed cleaned. The bath tubs are nice and big overall nice new hotel, the computer in the office are very slow and they should have got new computers , but over all great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CanaltaHumboldt, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Humboldt, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property.

It is quite flattering that you have titled your review with "new hotel". Our hotel in fact is almost 4 years old. Canalta has very high standards when it comes to maintenance and that is most certainly reflected in your review.

Thank you for choosing Canalta for your accommodation needs and we look forward to seeing you again.
New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

From beginning to end my stay at the Canalta was not very pleasurable nor relaxing. I stayed only for 1 night and checked into the Canalta around 5pm. The woman at the front desk was nice but very unorganized and did not seem to know how to work the computers. She kept mumbling that she was taking over from the day shift and was flustered. She finally was able to check me in and find my reservation which took about 10 mins. I went to the assigned room and opened the door to find the room was already occupied! If that is not scary that a hotel doesn't know what rooms are occupied and printing out key card access I don't know what is! This is why I always deadbolt lock my door when I am in the room but what is to prevent someone from going in while I'm not in the room?
I went back downstairs to let the front desk woman know and of course that made her even more confused and another 10 mins to sort out a different room. She gave me a new room which had been partly cleaned however all the toiletries had been used and not thrown away nor replaced. I don' t know what kind of a hotel they are running but this entire experience was extremely sloppy.
So they promised me a minor discount (10%) on the room which was fine however it took them 4 charges back and forth on my credit card statement for them to get that right! I think I would have preferred not to go through the hassle and just pay the full rate. Since I was there on business trying to show my company the back and forth charges and credits was a major issue for me. I won't be staying here again the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
CanaltaHumboldt, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Humboldt, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
My first priority is to apologize for your experience at our location. As you can see from the previous reviews from our hotel, this is certainly not the norm.

I have recently hired 3 new staff and it would appear that my judgement to have one of them on the desk alone was premature.

We strive to give our guests the best experience possible and take complete ownership when we fall short.
Should you find yourself traveling back to our area, please contact me directly and give us an opportunity to show you that at Canalta our guests are our only priority.
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed here some time ago on business for 12 days and celebrated my 50th birthday, a milestone to say the least. The manager and staff were exceptional and very good at all the requests I had, plus made the effort to have a birthday cake and a little party to celebrate the big day. The hotel staff was very nice, polite and friendly for my entire stay.

The hotel is very clean, breakfast in the morning, a full breakfast I might add is very good and great value.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank walleyehunter1999
Thank you for you kind words about our hotel.
50 years is truly a milestone and I am glad that you chose to spend it with us.

We have seen more and more people using a night stay to celebrate events such as yours.
Anniversary, wedding, birthday, or it is Wednesday... any reason is a good reason to stay at Canalta.
Humboldt, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

The Canalta is the only decent hotel in Humboldt, and I think the management knows this as it is clear that they could not care less for their guests. In the two weeks that I've been a guest here, I've been moved twice out of my room. Once with less then an hours notice to vacate and no offer of assistance,the second time with no plan or offer of assistance again. The internet is spotty at best; the ethernet cable does not work at all and the wifi is unreliable. If there was equal quality bed in this town I would take it over this lazily run place any day . Staying here for this long has been a huge headache. Take the hour commute from Saskatoon if you have a choice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Please accept my apologies for the recent issues you encountered at our hotel.

Sometimes it is necessary for guests to change rooms due to high occupancy levels in the hotel.
We make every effort to make these transitions as painless as possible but it would appear that we dropped the ball in your case.

I have addressed the errors from you stay with the front desk and we have established what we hope will be a better plan to handle these changes going forward.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Humboldt
Bella Vista Inn
Bella Vista Inn
#1 of 1 in Humboldt
Lagana Hotel
Lagana Hotel
#1 of 2 in Lanigan

Been to Canalta Hotel Humboldt? Share your experiences!